Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-13-2024, 09:16 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It might be worth having notes against items show in the tooltips for them. Will need to investigate how difficult that is to implement.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 09:57 PM   #17
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
It isn't hard to create a column that contains the notes for an author. Unfortunately there is the problem that a book can have multiple authors. Which one's notes should be displayed?

If you want to try this then you would create a "Column built from other columns". The "contains html" box should be checked. This template returns the HTML note, if any, for the first author for a book.
Code:
program:
	get_note('authors', list_item($authors, 0, '&'), '')
It is possible to use a loop to get the notes from all the authors, but I haven't tried it.

The performance might or might not be acceptable. The only way to know is to try it.
Thank you @chaley, that works and is enough for my purpose. I can understand multi-authors being a problem to display.

In case anybody else wants to do this and not sure how, some images are attached.
1. Create a new column as shown in the first image
2. Create a column icon. For the icon, you will have to source it online then add it into your roaming folder...
C:\Users\Office1\AppData\Roaming\calibre\cc_icons
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	author1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	258.0 KB
ID:	206385   Click image for larger version

Name:	author2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	281.2 KB
ID:	206386  
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 03:31 AM   #18
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Can someone remind me why the Create link tool in Category notes is not the same as the Create link tool for Comments in MDE and the free standing long text editor.

Attachment 206352Attachment 206353

Specifically the "Treat URL as image" checkbox and the File, Data and Folder buttons.

BR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Because images in category notes are stored in the category notes db alongwith the text.
There seems to be a problem if an image source path used in a category note has any URL encoding - similar to the issue in Comments that was fixed in 7.5.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-14 192127.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	206389

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 04:40 AM   #19
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Thank you @chaley, that works and is enough for my purpose. I can understand multi-authors being a problem to display.

In case anybody else wants to do this and not sure how, some images are attached.
1. Create a new column as shown in the first image
2. Create a column icon. For the icon, you will have to source it online then add it into your roaming folder...
C:\Users\Office1\AppData\Roaming\calibre\cc_icons
Does anybody know what would be causing this new column to reset after each startup? Column is there, but after a restart it hides itself and the column needs to be enabled again. See video...

https://streamable.com/awj2pi
Old 02-14-2024, 04:59 AM   #20
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Does anybody know what would be causing this new column to reset after each startup? Column is there, but after a restart it hides itself and the column needs to be enabled again. See video...

https://streamable.com/awj2pi
yeah, that's odd. The only difference I see in my setup, which might interfere with book list view columns, is that I have other plugins. I have View Manager too and... I use the calibre system tray icon. Couldn't reproduce on my system - Win10 21H1
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 05:15 AM   #21
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
There seems to be a problem if an image source path used in a category note has any URL encoding - similar to the issue in Comments that was fixed in 7.5.

Attachment 206389

BR
Dont do that, add images using the tool and they will be stored with the text, images added that way are automatically de-duplicated as well.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 02:08 PM   #22
Karellen
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
I have View Manager too and...
Thanks for the pointer. That was the problem. I needed to save the new layout.
Doh!!
Old 02-16-2024, 11:35 PM   #23
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Dont do that, add images using the tool and they will be stored with the text, images added that way are automatically de-duplicated as well.
Ah-ha, now I get it - the Notes editor dialogue has an image insertion tool that's not in the Comments and Long Text editor dialogues! It's even got it's own shortcut, Ctrl+P.

For some reason I must have missed the discussion about it.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote