Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-28-2022, 05:04 PM   #76
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The last time I returned an eBook to Amazon was when it was accidentally bought because Buy it now cannot be turned off for eBooks (Stupid move Amazon).
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 05:31 PM   #77
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The last time I returned an eBook to Amazon was when it was accidentally bought because Buy it now cannot be turned off for eBooks (Stupid move Amazon).
Which has been in place since before 2012.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 11:30 PM   #78
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
It could have been around since forever. It's still easy to accidentally click and make a purchase.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 09:25 AM   #79
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I've never bought a kindlebook accidentally because of one-click. Not to say it might not be helpful to many to have the ability to disable it (I'd be indifferent to such a feature). Just to note that it's not the inherently unavoidable, evil pitfall many make it out to be.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 10:18 AM   #80
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I've never bought a kindlebook accidentally because of one-click. Not to say it might not be helpful to many to have the ability to disable it (I'd be indifferent to such a feature). Just to note that it's not the inherently unavoidable, evil pitfall many make it out to be.

I've returned a very few, usually withing the first hour of pruchasing, and before any downloads.

There have been a few series where I had already purchased the books earlier, then realized after purchase, at the end of the description, that the author had either 1) renamed the book 2) renamed the series 3) or reposted the book/s under a different pen name or 4) posted an omnibus in such a way that it looked like a single, large novel, without listing the contents.

While I try to keep a close eye on such things, I've had a few slip by.

The Star Trek "Signature" editions were very annoying. "Star Trek: Signature Edition: Sand and Stars (Star Trek: The Original Series)" is actually "Spock's World" and "Sarek" combined.

Is this in the description? No. But a reviewer mentioned it, so it had to go back since I already had those two.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 12:51 PM   #81
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I’ve bought hundreds of ebooks from Amazon I haven’t read, it never occurred to me to return any. I think it’s because I used to follow a lot of the authors on social media and I’m very conscious that returns cost them money in fees Amazon charge so my view is if I buy the book I keep it. If I don’t read it that’s my issue, not the authors.

It’s the same as buying an item of clothing and never wearing it. Or buying a film and not watching it. It’s my choice to buy.
Josieb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 02:23 PM   #82
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've done that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
I... don't see the point of stating this?

Quote:
I wish there was an option to add it to cart. Not only to prevent mishaps, but also so that if I'm poking around looking at free books I don't end up with multiple receipts in my email.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-29-2022 at 02:27 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 03:24 PM   #83
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I wish there was an option to add it to cart. Not only to prevent mishaps, but also so that if I'm poking around looking at free books I don't end up with multiple receipts in my email.
That's the main reason I want this feature too. I like to put things I'm not 100% sure of in my cart for a while. Sometimes a price change will show up and help make my decision for me. Checking all of the individual pages is not ever going to happen.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 03:45 PM   #84
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
That's the main reason I want this feature too. I like to put things I'm not 100% sure of in my cart for a while. Sometimes a price change will show up and help make my decision for me. Checking all of the individual pages is not ever going to happen.
The only way I've found of doing this is to just make another Wish List and throw the ones I'm keeping an eye on in there. I have several different lists. And the easy thing to do is sort the lists from 'low to high' once in a while. I have hit on snagging a freebie that way, on occasion. Mostly I hit price drops.

And once in a great, great while, Amazon will send me a coupon for so much off a book on one of my wish lists.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 04:03 PM   #85
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I believe eReaderIQ, if you register there, will inform you of price drops on specific books.
Old 10-29-2022, 09:29 PM   #86
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
I've never bought a kindlebook accidentally because of one-click.
Must be nice to be perfect

I've mistakenly purchased a couple. Those are the only books I've ever returned.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 07:21 AM   #87
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Must be nice to be perfect
Yes. Because that's what I claimed to be.
Old 10-30-2022, 07:22 AM   #88
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I'm not sure what the point is of saying "well, I never accidentally did this thing" unless you're trying to be smug about it.
Old 10-30-2022, 07:32 AM   #89
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I'm not sure what the point is of saying "well, I never accidentally did this thing" unless you're trying to be smug about it.
Pretty sure the answer to this is in the post in question. I felt I was pretty clear about it. Guess not. That's ok. People are going to think what they think regardless of the words. *shrug*
Old 11-19-2022, 02:46 PM   #90
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Tells us pretty much everything we need to know about you.
This was when it first came out , like 15 years ago? I was in a hurry because I was about to enter rehab and there was only a couple of days between the day the book came out and the day I entered. People change.

Last edited by Rellwood; 11-19-2022 at 02:48 PM.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote