Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-06-2022, 09:48 AM   #46
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
In the US tax is almost never included in the tax. And yet, you still get people who come in and exclaim " you did not tell me there would be tax on that sale".
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 01:55 PM   #47
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
… And yet, you still get people who come in and exclaim " you did not tell me there would be tax on that sale".
Apache
Baffling. I mean I was only a visitor (working in x3 different Multinationals) in my 1980s visits and I understand it.
I was also warned by my hosts to only cross at the lights on green "Walk" or get fined. That doesn't apply here, though I suppose there could be such a law in Ireland and everyone would ignore it.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 02:18 PM   #48
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I was also warned by my hosts to only cross at the lights on green "Walk" or get fined. That doesn't apply here, though I suppose there could be such a law in Ireland and everyone would ignore it.
Lol! I have stood at empty crosswalks at 2 AM in a town so quiet that you could have heard a car coming from miles away (in country X). In the US I will cross a four lane street at noon at a 10° angle! There are benefits to either system but it must be consistent.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 10:22 PM   #49
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
(* As an aside it is totally stupid and abusive to have a flag to select language. How does that work for Malta)

afaik Maltese is not widely used other than in the country represented by that flag.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 08:00 AM   #50
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
afaik Maltese is not widely used other than in the country represented by that flag.
But English speaking people in Malta, Ireland, Canada, South Africa, Australia etc might not like clicking on a USA or UK flag. I wasn't thinking of a Maltese flag.

A flag is totally stupid & can be abusive to select language. It should only be to select your location.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 05:01 PM   #51
kicooo
kicooo could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kicooo could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kicooo could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kicooo could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kicooo could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kicooo could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kicooo could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kicooo could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kicooo could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kicooo could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kicooo could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Huawei Matepad Paper
And 7 months later, there is NOTHING 😂😂😂😂
kicooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 03:50 AM   #52
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
GSMArena, my go to source when shopping for Android phones and tablets, has released an interesting review

Huawei MatePad Paper review
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 02:22 PM   #53
Kluyg
Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpler View Post
Finally, the MatePad Paper was officially put on sale here in Italy. The price seems really high to me (499€, although in the first weeks there will be a 50€ discount on purchases from the official Huawei store).
Is there a serious review of this tablet?
I am particularly interested in comparing it with Kobo Elipsa, which seems to me to be its direct rival.
MyDeepGuide YouTube channel, which specializes on reviewing eInk Notetaking devices, just released a 3-part review, each part is 30 minutes. I watched it all at 1.5 speed, it’s a good review. MatePad paper seems like a nice device but I’d personally wait for Amazon Kindle Scribe (heavier, but better screen and standard EMR pen):
* https://youtu.be/AlwSUs5b_3E
* https://youtu.be/oSF3l5QwT3s
* https://youtu.be/8j0QdVHdawY
Kluyg is offline   Reply With Quote