Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-07-2019, 03:48 PM   #46
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Hey, it's easy to keep things straight. I'm not the one who brought up cabals and setting things right, you are.

As far as not believing in a clique, that's certainly your right. Of course, the quote that I posted sounded straight out of high school "Did you hear that Joey is running against Mary Lou for class president? We certainly can't let some loser nerd do that, let's make sure our girl gets elected and put those nerds in their place!" but if you are waiting for someone to post a youtube video cackling about their control of the Hugo I'm not going to try to convince you.
That's one off-the-mark interpretation of why a majority of the Hugo Awards voters voted for no award ahead of the finalists that got nominated via the slates. There are usually only a couple thousand nominators for all of the Hugo Awards, and many of them only nominate for a subset of the categories. This meant that a small group of gamergate bozos were able to dominate the nominations when a prominent member of their group said "Let's stick it to the SJWs!" and gave them a slate to vote for that just happened to be filled with things and authors published by his small press. It wasn't about the politics, it was how they abused the system by creating the slates. Yes, many of the anti-slate commentary mentioned the their political stances, which is unfortunate, because I do believe that it conflated the issues for some of the voters, and moreso for a lot of people who may be science fiction fans, but don't know anything about the Hugos beyond that they've heard of them.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:54 PM   #47
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
...if you are waiting for someone to post a youtube video cackling about their control of the Hugo I'm not going to try to convince you.
Didn't Vox Day do essentially that?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote