Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
~Mikey'z_Wifey~
~Mikey'z_Wifey~ began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Exclamation E-Book Library???

I have a Kobo e-Reader and I have been looking for Urban Fiction Novels. I have been unlucky up until I found out that my library does the whole e-book thing. So I already have a library card and all of that I even downloaded the Adobe Digital Editions and OverDrive Media Console in order to download the e-books. My whole thing is when I downloaded one of the books I realized I wasn't interested in it. Now my only problem is I have no clue on how to return it to the Free Library of Philadelphia. Can anyone help me???...and if so thanks....lol.
~Mikey'z_Wifey~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Touch; Sony PRS-600
In ADE, single click on the book. You will see an arrow next to it. Click on the arrow, and it will give you the option to return the borrowed item.
Almas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
or you can just let it sit there until it expires. That's what I do with my library books...
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:59 PM   #4
~Mikey'z_Wifey~

What is ADE and where do I go to get to it???
Old 08-27-2010, 08:00 PM   #5
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
ADE=Adobe Digital Editions
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:04 PM   #6
~Mikey'z_Wifey~

That's the thing when I go to ADE it's not there so I don't know how to return it.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:28 PM   #7
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Mikey'z_Wifey~ View Post
That's the thing when I go to ADE it's not there so I don't know how to return it.
You said you downloaded it, right? Did you "save" the file or tell it to open in ADE? If you told it to open in ADE, then the book should appear unless there were issues downloading it. If you only "saved" the file....likely an .acsm file, then you need to open that file in ADE so it will download the book. Library books from overdrive (at least epub books) work like this:

You "check out" the book via the website at which point you have a download button to click.
You download the acsm file, which is basically the file that says you have the right to read the book.
The acsm file needs to be opened in ADE which will then download the actual book and it will show up in the ADE "library" view. It is only when you've reached this step and downloaded the actual book (.epub file) that you have the option in ADE to "return" the book.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:13 AM   #8
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
The Overdrive Media Console is for audiobooks, not ebooks.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #9
~Mikey'z_Wifey~

Exclamation

O.k...this is what I did. I went to click the download button form the libraries site...then when I click download it says open or save so I press save...then it asks me where I want to save it to...so I saved it to 2 place...one to my desktop and the other to my documents in the My Digital Editions folder...and so the one on my desktop is there...but it is not showing up in ADE...and there is no problem downloading it.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #10
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
You've actually only saved the link to the ebook. You now need to double click on the link and it will actually download the book which should then appear in Adobe Digital Editions. The option is to open ADE, and then choose "add book to library". It performs the same function.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote