Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-14-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Kobo Desktop for Linux: Update Available?

Greetings,

Was an update released for the Kobo Desktop Linux client? Whenever I open up my Kobo Reader software after a fresh boot up on my Ubuntu 10.4 Netbook, I get a window that tells me I need an update. The update then proceeds to download, but the client shutsdown after the download is complete. This is strange behavior. On my Dell, which is also running Ubuntu 10.4, this does not occur at all. Neither of my computers can synch with my Kobo Reader which is now updated to firmware update 1.4. This is frustrating, because the main reason I purchased a Kobo was the availability of the Linux Client. I probably would have bought a nook other wise or held out until Amazon and Sony released their Fall line up. Any suggestions?

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:01 AM   #2
rford
rford began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Linux deskjtop client

I was having the same problem.

The update downloads /tmp/KoboSetup.exe which is a win32 executable.

you can run it with wine, but it doesn't fix the linux version, just installs a version in wine.

Last edited by rford; 07-16-2010 at 09:08 AM. Reason: More accurate info.
rford is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2010, 11:00 AM   #3
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Interesting. Thanks for the heads up!
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote