Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 08:17 AM   #1
clicker666
clicker666 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Question Using Kobo Desktop issues...

My wife purchased a book off of the Kobo website and transferred it to her Kobo using Adobe Digital Editions. She then had an inability to change the font size, which is a known issue. She asked Kobo for support and they told her to use Kobo Desktop to transfer the book, and the message showed screen shots.

These screen shots appeared to me to look like ADE on the left side of the window, and what appears to be Kobo Desktop on the right. There doesn't seem to be a full list of the loaded books on the desktop, just about 5 of the built in titles. No scroll bars, nothing. No obvious way to transfer the book she purchased to her Kobo.

I'd love some hints on how to use this software if anyone has any information.
clicker666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:30 AM   #2
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Sign in to her account within the Kobo Desktop software, and then press the "Update Library" button. The new book(s) will be downloaded. Now plug in the Kobo, and press the "Sync" button on the bottom right hand side to transfer books over.

BE AWARE. Syncing using the desktop app clears the I'm Reading list, so you'll lose you place in books that you are reading.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
clicker666
clicker666 began at the beginning.

I'll give it a shot when I get home, but the sync button doesn't appear to do anything.
clicker666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:28 AM   #4
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Did she click the "Add to Library" button for the new books on the website?
If she only selected the "Download ePub" and used ADE, they might not be filed in her Kobo library.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:38 PM   #5
degüello
degüello began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I hope they improve the Kobo desktop software - it really sucks.
degüello is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #6
fred_yu_job
Connoisseur
fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: kobo
Or maybe they should simply remove the desktop app? and let user to use ADE or Calibre?
fred_yu_job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:21 PM   #7
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

When you buy a book it automatically goes to your library (on the dot com site) in my experience.

I have also been told to plug in the reader before opening the desktop app (make sure ADE is closed as well) and when your desktop recognizes that the reader is there then open the desktop app and you will see the "sync" on the LEFT side. Click it and it adds anything new added to the library.

I have not lost my place in what I am reading when I do that.
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote