Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-10-2023, 10:58 AM   #1
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Anyone here own all 3: The Boox Note Air 2, Kobo Elipsa and the Scribe?

I just want to know if getting the Boox is worth buying or just overkill if we already have the other two.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 12:47 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I got rid of the reMarkable and do have an Elipsa.
I have an Android eInk (Boyue Likebook Mars) and just for reading it's massively inferior to the Kindle or Kobo.

I seems to me the only advantage of the Boox Note Air over the Elipsa is Android apps, and a 7″ to 8″ 300 dpi is maybe more use for that (Kobo, Kindle, Google, ADE, Libby, Pocketbook, Borrowbox ebook apps, chess, email etc). The audio seems worthless on my 7.8″ ereader, a phone is more use than a 10.2″ or any eink for that and audio dramatically shortens eink charge run time, but with phone screen blanked the play time is good.

So simply looking at specs, comparing 8″ Sage, 10.3″ Elipsa and the Android eink Mars vs
https://shop.boox.com/products/noteair2
spec, I think a 7 to 8 inch Android if you need Android is better.

The Sage is best for epubs & notes of all the ereaders I have.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2023, 12:54 PM   #3
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I got rid of the reMarkable and do have an Elipsa.
I have an Android eInk (Boyue Likebook Mars) and just for reading it's massively inferior to the Kindle or Kobo.

I seems to me the only advantage of the Boox Note Air over the Elipsa is Android apps, and a 7″ to 8″ 300 dpi is maybe more use for that (Kobo, Kindle, Google, ADE, Libby, Pocketbook, Borrowbox ebook apps, chess, email etc). The audio seems worthless on my 7.8″ ereader, a phone is more use than a 10.2″ or any eink for that and audio dramatically shortens eink charge run time, but with phone screen blanked the play time is good.

So simply looking at specs, comparing 8″ Sage, 10.3″ Elipsa and the Android eink Mars vs
https://shop.boox.com/products/noteair2
spec, I think a 7 to 8 inch Android if you need Android is better.

The Sage is best for epubs & notes of all the ereaders I have.
I mentioned the Kindle Scribe not the Sage. Elipsa, Boox Note, Scribe. All simulize size/dimensions. Your answer had little to do with the actual question lol
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 01:34 PM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I looked at the spec of the Boox Note2.
I'm familiar with Kindle SW and the Scribe spec.

Screen is identical to the Elipsa which I have, so screen size is irrelevant to the question, but other features are, so concentrating on Android is valid. I have an Android eink, though the Boox is probably a bit better at Android.

How is anything other than Android vs not Android important when you already have a Scribe and the identical screen Elipsa?
Also Android integrates worst with Calibre due to MTP.

I explained why IMO the audio features of the Boox are irrelevant. If you need Android eink get a Boox, but as you have Scribe and Elipsa already, likely a smaller cheaper Boox would be better value. Android doesn't need a 10.3" 227 dpi screen when you have the Scribe & Elipsa (identical screen).

Last edited by Quoth; 05-10-2023 at 01:37 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 05:25 PM   #5
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
Yes, I have all three. Am going to sell the Boox and the Scribe. In my experience, the Android apps don't work that well on the Boox and the Scribe's software is not very good IMO. I would add that the new Elipsa is quite a bit better than the older one.
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert