Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-08-2018, 12:24 PM   #1
bookman2
bookman2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Downloading Kindle file from Amazon

You'll see I am a beginner! I want to download a book that is only available in Kindle format from Amazon. Then I want to convert it to EPUB format in Calibre. To do that I need the file on my computer. But the Amazon website only offers me the option of downloading to the Kindle cloud. Can anyone advise me?
bookman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 02:26 PM   #2
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookman2 View Post
You'll see I am a beginner! I want to download a book that is only available in Kindle format from Amazon. Then I want to convert it to EPUB format in Calibre. To do that I need the file on my computer. But the Amazon website only offers me the option of downloading to the Kindle cloud. Can anyone advise me?
Not sure that this is the correct forum for this, but...
If you want to download a book from Amazon, you have to either install Amazon for Mac/PC, or have a Kindle device and use the "download and transfer via usb" option. Without either of these, you only have the option to put it into the Cloud Reader.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2018, 02:47 PM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
There is additional information in the thread: Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 and KFX in calibre
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:11 PM   #4
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookman2 View Post

You got to down load Kindle for PC. Older version not the current version then disable auto updates. it will give you ebooks in a form you can convert. You will have to google it for i do not remember the website
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote