Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-27-2015, 01:08 AM   #1
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Does anyone know where to buy Kobo AuraHD screen?

Hi

I broke my AurahHD's screen I guess I need to replace it but I cant seem to find a place to buy one. has anyone did screen replacement before if so where did you get your screen?

thanks
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 01:15 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's not worth it to buy a screen. a 6.8" Pearl screen is not easily available if it is. It would be better to buy an H20 and get the better screen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2015, 01:22 AM   #3
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well $180 is a bit of steep spending for me atm.

I was just removing the bezel and not sure how I broke it. I do not think I applied big force on the screen. I wonder if anyone else had broken their screen while doing the same operation.

Last edited by loviedovie; 09-27-2015 at 01:26 AM.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:27 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you are in the US, buy from Chapters and it will only cost about $147.

As for buying a screen, you could try eBay. Other than that, I have no idea where to get a screen nor how much if you could.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 08:58 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you are in the US, buy from Chapters and it will only cost about $147.

As for buying a screen, you could try eBay. Other than that, I have no idea where to get a screen nor how much if you could.

I'm showing $179.99 from Chapters.ca.

Is that the correct site, or is there a different chapters?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2015, 09:01 AM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Remember the exchange rate is around .75, so $180 CDN == $135 US
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:23 AM   #7
endrancer
Enthusiast
endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo HD
usually ebay and ifixit is a good place to look for spare parts, however for all kobo devices there's nothing really interesting to find there. if you really were to try to replace it i'd buy a defect device where it's claimed that the display is still fine. However it's always some kind of gamble...

I highly support anyone who were to repair rather than just throw away and buy new, but for these devices the first options is very limited....
endrancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 03:58 PM   #8
loviedovie
Addict

Hi

Thanks for ideas.

I am wondering if Kobo does fixing a s well.

Also can anyone recommend a screen that can accept the same socket? I can at least use it that way, it might not fit to the bezel but it is ok.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:51 PM   #9
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by loviedovie View Post
I am wondering if Kobo does fixing a s well.
Nope.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:54 PM   #10
endrancer
Enthusiast
endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!endrancer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Nope.

throw away company does not earn sympathy
endrancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 06:20 PM   #11
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Even if you could buy a new screen, the cost of the single screen would probably be as much as a new reader. But there is no place that sells the screens directly to consumers in single pieces. And it's not just Kobo that doesn't do repairs of the screen, it's all ereader manufacturers. They'll give you a refurbished unit instead of trying to repair the old one.

Accept it, there is no way to fix the screen. You can try to find a used reader if you don't have the money for a new one, or look at other choices. The Kobo Glo HD (6" screen) is at least $40 cheaper than the H20, and if you live in the US, you can order from Chapters in Canada as others said for even more savings because of the current exchange rate. A new Glo HD would be about $110 right now.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 08:26 PM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Remember the exchange rate is around .75, so $180 CDN == $135 US

I did forget that!

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 08:37 PM   #13
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Broken T68 Screen thread on Onyx Boox Mobileread forum; It was posted Onyx International quoted $70.00 + shipping for replacement screen but they had none in stock.

Battery from broken ereader would be only reason I would buy a broken ereader. Maybe for $20.00
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:35 AM   #14
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
Battery from broken ereader would be only reason I would buy a broken ereader.
You should be able to find a new battery for around $10... no need to buy a used one. The batteries Kobo uses are pretty standard. You just have to find one with the same specs & that fits, with 2 wires, if the connector is different you can re-use the one from the old battery.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 02:28 PM   #15
loviedovie
Addict

Maybe I should just go back to books. This is too much maintanance