Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 04:20 AM   #31
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Onyx Boox
Hereby yu can see the inside of the case.

Klein Nijenhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:55 AM   #32
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Just purchased one as of yesterday
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #33
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I rather hope the new Gecko case for the T-1 with a light DOES have at least one pocket. I hate cases that have no pockets. There's no place for my microfiber cloth or any paper notes, or my paperclip for the reset button if there is no pocket of any kind.

It was interesting, not long ago, maybe a couple weeks ago, Oberon Designs did a poll about whether people liked and used the single pocket in their e-reader covers and the outcome was overwhelming that people DID like and use the pocket!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:21 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fujisawa View Post
Can this cover be wrapped round the back when reading for holding with one hand? I have the official sony cover with light for my 650, but the edges are quite sharp and its not great at being bent round the back like that. I have a T1 coming and no case bought so trying to see what's out there
I have Sony's light cover for my 650. The edges are not sharp and it's quite good at being bent back. Are you sure you have Sony's light cover?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klein Nijenhuis View Post
Hereby yu can see the inside of the case.

Any chance of a cover without the straps to hold the T1? The strap for the stylus is nice though.

How about a cover with no straps and an integrated light?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #36
sabredog
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am not big on internal pockets. They can touch the screen. I had to undertake surgery on my PRS-650 cover to solve that issue.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:16 PM   #37
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
I am not big on internal pockets. They can touch the screen. I had to undertake surgery on my PRS-650 cover to solve that issue.
Hmm. Well, it's not been a problem here. I've had three Nook covers with pockets, and I've got an Oberon on my Sony (pocket, NO wool) and no trouble with any screen.

I think with the type of cover that Gecko is suggesting, where the reader slips into a pocket of its own with cutouts for switches/ports etc... there won't be an issue. For one thing, the thickness of the leather will tend to keep the front cover and pockets, if any, from touching the screen.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #38
edman
edman began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs 505
Could you please put the exact dimensions of your covers when they are closed on your Website? 1cm can be the difference between fitting in a pocket or not.

Thanks.
edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #39
graycyn
Wizard

I was also wondering after seeing the picture, do those bottom corner straps cover the buttons at all? In the picture posted here, they look like they do, but that doesn't seem like it would be a good thing.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #40
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notrite View Post
alot of people are complaining about the plastic gloss over the sides of T1, so maybe a case like below which covers all four sides would be cool and i would see alot of people buying into that:
Oh yah! no more fingerprints!

When I touch the screen I don't get fingerprints, why not just give the whole device such a Texture.
bibahbuzemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:33 PM   #41
anthoreader
anthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animalsanthoreader is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony PRS-T1 or Kindle Touch
The Sony Reader with Light accessory is okay for my T1. I like how it clamps into the protective plastic shell. However, everything else about it just doesnt feel right - the rigid plastic makes it far too heavy, the faux leather sucks and doesnt seem water resistant, it's weird to hold (my thumb constantly sits above the battery compartment and it feels odd, but most importantly, no stylus holder. WTF was Sony thinking! They already omitted the slot in the Reader itself.

Anyway I too anticipate this forthcoming cover with light so I can readily sell my Sony cover.
anthoreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:10 AM   #42
ScottyG
ScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I just bought one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CaseCrown-Ca...00873282761411

And it seems like a good basic neoprene bag for carrying my T1 around without getting it scratched up. I like holding the unit "naked" when reading, so this is just for using during transport in my backpack or bike pannier.

Scott
ScottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:57 AM   #43
sabredog

My Gecko case arrived this afternoon. When I get home from work, I will get some pics and a report up.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:05 AM   #44
sabredog

Well that is useful. They sent me the wrong cover!
Old 11-02-2011, 02:29 PM   #45
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyG View Post
I just bought one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CaseCrown-Ca...00873282761411

And it seems like a good basic neoprene bag for carrying my T1 around without getting it scratched up. I like holding the unit "naked" when reading, so this is just for using during transport in my backpack or bike pannier.

Scott

You really need a rigid case if you're going to be carrying it around - the screen is glass and relatively fragile. Scratches are nowhere near the hazard that screen breakage is.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote