Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-03-2011, 01:39 AM   #16
marty63
Enthusiast
marty63 doesn't littermarty63 doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook Pro 902
Download Is only on DE and US sites possible. Leaks without permission? On other sites is not 2.05 accessible.
marty63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:17 AM   #17
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
PB web masters are crazy!!!! How the let this in the web site without permission!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty63 View Post
Download Is only on DE and US sites possible. Leaks without permission? On other sites is not 2.05 accessible.
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #18
qariwa55
Enthusiast
qariwa55 began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62D
Thumbs down What is the story with Arabic support?

[QUOTE=OphReader;1408047]I just flashed the thing... device still boots up, so no harm done.

It is not clear to me whether you flashed the "regular" 2.0.5 firmware, or the Arabic 2.0.5.

I am a newbie who just bought a PB 602, which has firmware 2.0.3 on it. One of the main reasons I bought it is for Arabic support (as I was told it has), but -- alas! -- when I opened an Arabic epub under fbreader, the Arabic letters were indeed right to left, but they were unconnected and there were no connecting forms of the letters. I would not call that Arabic support, for it is utterly unreadable.

However, when I choose Arabic as the interface language, it comes out correctly, though it is the same execrable font that is the default in Windows. Hopefully I can remedy that by adding and changing fonts.

Does anybody really know what "Arabic Firmware 2.0.5 for Pocketbook 602" is? If not, does anyone have any suggestion as to how I can find out? How risky would it be for me to flash my device?
qariwa55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:48 PM   #19
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
The 2.0.5 Arabic Firmware was a specific bug-fix for some related issue, shouldn't hurt to try it and it might solve your problem or some other problem you're not aware of yet, or you could try the 2.0.6 firmware.
In any case always backup every bit you can esp. dictionaries/notes.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #20
sergio13
Connoisseur
sergio13 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonex View Post
Maybe it was anounced on the russian forum like 2.0.4. And again, no release notes!
Yesterday I flashed that 2.0.4 and I sorely regret it. First I risked to brick the reader, then I discovered that the dictionary support is worse, so I won't try this new one until I'm sure.
just don't try them ! :-(
sergio13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #21
dpayment
Connoisseur
dpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enough

Device: PocketBook Pro 902, EB-1150, PRS505, PRS700, Jetbook, Hanlin V3, Kobo
Re: Your avatar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio13 View Post
just don't try them ! :-(
Sergio, do you always go round lifting other people's avatars? I've been using this one for more than a year now!
dpayment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #22
sergio13
Connoisseur
sergio13 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpayment View Post
Sergio, do you always go round lifting other people's avatars? I've been using this one for more than a year now!
:-(
I didn't know that it was yours ! sorry. I changed it...

My subject here is to talk about readers... and updates that don't work.
sergio13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:18 AM   #23
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Only more then a year ? because even though I'm rather new on this forum I seem to recall seeing Huge Freaking Rats in this avatar/signature combo for a quite a bit longer.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:14 AM   #24
dpayment
Connoisseur
dpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio13 View Post
:-(
I didn't know that it was yours ! sorry. I changed it...

My subject here is to talk about readers... and updates that don't work.

Not a problem Sergio, I appreciate your quick response to my complaint. It is forum members like you who make it easy for us to get along. Sorry if I sounded a little testy, but I was having a bad day yesterday and I guess I was a little grumpy. Thanks for being flexible, and hopefully we'll see more posts from you in the future!

Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.

Only more then a year ? because even though I'm rather new on this forum I seem to recall seeing Huge Freaking Rats in this avatar/signature combo for a quite a bit longer.

Hey J.C., I'm old, ya gotta cut me a break here. I don't remember how long I've been using "Ratso" for my avatar, I just knew it had been more than a year.
H.A.G.O.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:19 AM   #25
dpayment
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
One more thing J.C., your "Readers against DRM" logo, is that available for sharing? I'd like to add it to my sig. if I may? DRM is one of those really big bugaboos that burn my butt, you'd think publishers would have learned from the music and video industries, but NnnOOOo, too stupid to see the train coming at them.

Dan
Old 04-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #26
J.C.
Addict

Quote:
One more thing J.C., your "Readers against DRM" logo, is that available for sharing? I'd like to add it to my sig. if I may? DRM is one of those really big bugaboos that burn my butt, you'd think publishers would have learned from the music and video industries, but NnnOOOo, too stupid to see the train coming at them.

Dan
Sure, you can rip mine or follow the link for the source.