Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-22-2019, 03:01 PM   #1
Simon_31
Enthusiast
Simon_31 began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox max, onyx boox note pro, kindle paperwhite
Onyx Note Pro damaged

What should happen happened and my beautiful Note Pro fell on the ground. Result is a broken glass in the bottom left corner

Has someone faced the same problem and found a way to repair this? I was maybe thinking about putting a black resin to fill the hole and consolidate the angle, but I don't know what to use and where to find it.

If anyone has any idea?
Simon_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 03:20 PM   #2
JurriaanK
JurriaanK began at the beginning.

Device: boox note pro, auro h2o
If the background is black, transparent glue will work as well.

Maybe something like Bison Kombi Rapide. Try to mix it on a lukewarm plate, if the glue is warm, it'll be thinner and be better absorbed into the cracks.
JurriaanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2019, 12:48 PM   #3
Simon_31
Enthusiast

Thank you JurriaanK.

I've finally followed your advice and used some super glue that I've found in supermarket (sader epoxy express). It's not perfect, but it'll do the job and consolidate the glass layer in the area that has been damaged.

Old 11-30-2019, 07:54 AM   #4
Simon_31
Enthusiast

The glass layer finally broke in two parts...
In conclusion, screen is fragile, be careful to not let it fall on the ground !

Old 11-30-2019, 10:35 AM   #5
LightReader
LightReader began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Nova Pro
Wow. Really fragile. Can you tell us more about the fall? Was it in the flip case and did it touch the ground at that left bottom corner?

Will it still work now that the glass layer is broken? I think you will need to have the glass layer replaced if you want to be able to take note again with the device.
LightReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2019, 04:56 AM   #6
Simon_31
Enthusiast

Yes, it was still in its case when it fell down and broke on the corner. The case is not much of a protection in this case.

In spite of this glass damage, the ereader is still functional: I can read or write on it. But this glass crack is more than annoying for the eyes (it makes a bad reflection as you can see on the picture). And you feel it under your fingers and under the pen... it's really a crack on the very last layer on the top.
Old 12-01-2019, 05:08 AM   #7
Simon_31
Enthusiast

I don't know why they added a glass layer in the end... probably for avoiding the scratches on plastic layer when the pen was used?

Anyway, if they really have to keep it, they should work on a better protective case.
Old 12-01-2019, 05:12 AM   #8
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_31 View Post
I don't know why they added a glass layer in the end... probably for avoiding the scratches on plastic layer when the pen was used?

Anyway, if they really have to keep it, they should work on a better protective case.
Why - it isnt made for throwing on the floor!
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 05:20 AM   #9
Simon_31
Enthusiast

lol

It was not thrown on the floor, it just slide off my hand and fell of about 50cm height, nothing more. This is something that can happen in a normal use.

And a protection case is meant to protect a little against the common accidents like this ... I guess...