Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-18-2019, 01:01 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon adds another Pay with Cash Option

Shop on Amazon, Pay in Cash

Quote:
Amazon PayCode Launches today in the U.S. giving customers who prefer to pay in cash another option to enjoy the convenience and benefits of shopping on Amazon

Amazon PayCode joins Amazon Cash which expands today to more than 15,000 Western Union agent locations

Amazon PayCode and Amazon Cash offer two options for customers that want to pay in cash with no added fees
Quote:
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep. 18, 2019-- (NASDAQ: AMZN) — Amazon is making it even easier for customers to pay with cash. Amazon PayCode, already available in 19 countries around the world, launches today in the U.S. and allows customers to choose Amazon PayCode at checkout and then pay for their purchase in cash at one of 15,000 Western Union locations. Items ship once customers pay for their purchase in person at a participating Western Union location. Amazon PayCode will be rolling out to customers over the coming weeks. For more information, please go here. Separately, Amazon Cash, which enables customers to load cash into their Amazon Balance for making online Amazon purchases, is now available in over 100,000 cash-loading locations nationwide. Customers in the U.S. who prefer to use cash are now even more able to enjoy Amazon’s vast selection, low prices, and fast, free shipping with no fees.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 03:09 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Dang TM you beat me to it

Cash is great But IF I want something I just go Buy an Amazon Gift card. I put everything in Cart then go thru the purchase process then when it gives me Total I run to my nearest store that sell Gift cards buy one add to my account Check Out!

BTW Western Union Charges for this service!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2019, 10:03 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Dang TM you beat me to it

BTW Western Union Charges for this service!
Neither are Gift Cards Really. It is just that this Model moves who pays the service fee from the issuer to the user (the Gift cards seller is paid a commission to display and sell)

It can get even smellier for the Merchant:
tore branded Gift cards did not pay the commission until the card was used. In addition, it was only paid on the amount used, not the face value of the card. Note: Stats said 30% of Gift cards were never cashed or cashed out fully. The Corporation kept the Money, not the merchant.
IIRC California passed a law that cards with residuals under $10 MUST permit redeeming for cash.
How many consumers have really done that? The store is not required to remind you of this law.
How many of you HAVE gift cards laying about with residual amounts?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 10:36 AM   #4
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I've never been a fan of gift cards, except for the occasional ones for grocery stores.

We use our Amazon Chase card for 99% of any purchase, Amazon or local retailers. We get on average $30 back each month, which more than pays for Prime. It also gives us the protection that comes with using a credit card. We pay it off each month, so no interest is charged.

We haven't paid interest on a credit card in over 10 years.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 10:43 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
We haven't paid interest on a credit card in over 10 years.
I charge everything too and I've never paid interest on a credit card. I use the cash back rewards to buy my tech toys during Black Friday.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2019, 10:56 AM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I do use gift cards but for a different reason. There is a service in Canada called FundScrip which is a fund raising service for groups.

When I purchase a $100 gift card for groceries (for $100) the group I support gets $2.50. It's an easy way to help fund a group or organization.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 11:16 AM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Only gift cards I use are Amazon I buy at CVS or Walgreens go home add them to my account. No matter IF I have a credit card or my son Debit card Amazon uses the Gift Card balance 1st. I pay say $50 for card that's ALL I pay I spend ALL $50 at amazon.
IF I do this cash thing I have to pay say $50 + $3 [last time I used Western Union] I only get to spend $50 at Amazon I loose $3 that can add up.
I no clue what the Credit card adds to Amazon end. I know they dont add charges to my end for transactions. Any charges on Amazon end for Western Union?
Old 09-19-2019, 10:35 PM   #8
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
IF I do this cash thing I have to pay say $50 + $3 [last time I used Western Union] I only get to spend $50 at Amazon I loose $3 that can add up.
According to the Western Union site, there are no fees added to the transaction. https://www.westernunion.com/paylocal/
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 10:50 PM   #9
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
According to the Western Union site, there are no fees added to the transaction. https://www.westernunion.com/paylocal/
Seems there ARE Fees just:
No extra fees.

You don’t need to worry

Last edited by Barbara1955; 09-19-2019 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:02 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
To quote the expanded text (emphasis mine):

Quote:
No extra fees.

You don’t need to worry about credit card charges or hidden bank fees. Western Union doesn’t charge you for payment. Plus Amazon PayCode shows you clearly how much local currency is needed to make the purchase.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:32 AM   #11
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
I'm afraid the cash in my wallet may become outdated and obsolete before I get around to using it. Or it may disintegrate into dust.

If you're that concerned about paying cash, why would you order online and then drive somewhere to pay with cash? Why not just drive to the store and buy it with cash in the first place? If it's the "buying on credit" part that scares you, just use a debit card. Those used to have far less protections than a credit card, but that has changed over the years. It's now quite safe to use a debit card, at least that's what the banks say. I don't use them personally, but others do.

I am surprised to hear that Western Union is still in existence. I would have thought they went the way of pay phones and leaded gasoline long ago.
haertig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:51 AM   #12
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

haertig I Pay Everything with Cash! I even pay Cash for the Amazon Gift Cards. I use them 90% of the time for eBooks!
Old 09-20-2019, 12:56 AM   #13
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

How will Amazon handle Refunds? I betting there a Whole Lot of fees to get a Refund thru Western Union!
Old 09-20-2019, 01:39 AM   #14
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
After reading about Western Union, I did a Google search to see where the nearest one is to me. It's allegedly inside my local grocery store, one mile from my house. I've never seen it. Maybe it's part of the Customer Service Desk, manned by grocery store employees?
haertig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 06:22 AM   #15
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
I've never seen it. Maybe it's part of the Customer Service Desk, manned by grocery store employees?
That's how it is around here. UPS dropoff, Western Union, dog licensing--all performed by regular store employees at the service desk.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote