Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-15-2019, 11:52 PM   #6181
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin7; FHD6; SGT4; ClipZip; LG Trib; Echo Dot
Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 16 Nov @ 11:59 PM GMT
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:43 AM   #6182
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim, PRS350/650, PB Touch Lux 623, Paperwhite, Voyage, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Not one to listen to when you go nighty-night.
Why do you say that? Or are you being sarcastic? I listed to a minute of the sample and started nodding off....that narrator is a big snooze! He sounds like a voice-over to the school movies I saw in the 60s.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:39 AM   #6183
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Why do you say that? Or are you being sarcastic? I listed to a minute of the sample and started nodding off....that narrator is a big snooze! He sounds like a voice-over to the school movies I saw in the 60s.
Not sarcastic.

I based what I said upon the description of the content, which I read completely. I forgot that I was dealing with an audio book, though, and not a book! I suppose that some narrators could make even books like Helter Skelter (a book about Charles Manson and his "family," and the horrendous, gruesome Tate-LaBianca murders that they committed) seem dry and boring.

But that prompts the question, "why would the author, or publisher, or whoever choose a dry narrator for an audio book such as the one that is the subject of our discussion?"

Lesson learned--as far as an audio book is concerned, I've got to remember to base my opinion on the narration as well as the content.

Still, I'm that sure that I'd fall asleep faster to some audio book, or even podcast, about Aristotle, Heidegger, Nietzsche, Hume, or Ayn Rynd, than our audio book under discussion, regardless of how good the narrator might be. And Anne of Green Gables is guaranteed to do it even faster, no matter how good the narrator might be.

Thanks for the lesson learned.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM   #6184
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Daily Deals -- exp 16 Nov @ 11:59 PM PT
Old Today, 09:52 AM   #6185
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 17 Nov @ 11:59 PM GMT
Old Today, 09:58 AM   #6186
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 17 Nov @ 11:59 PM PT

* Chemistry and Our Universe: How It All Works