Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-07-2019, 12:16 PM   #31
Andrew Ashling
Connoisseur
Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: I divide my time between Ormidon, Ximerion and Antwerp, Belgium
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No changes are made to comments html unless you use the edit metadata dialog.
After I transfer a book with Calibre, and I then open the epub-file on the (Kobo) device with Sigil, I can see that the metadata are changed in the dc:description field of the metadata of the epub file on the device.

The original content in the dc:description field is replaced — I can only assume by Calibre — by the limited html content of the Calibre comments field. The epub file in the library (on the computer) is not affected.

My question is whether it would be possible to introduce an option to leave the epub dc-description field unchanged.
Andrew Ashling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:59 PM   #32
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Disable the epub metadata writer plugin and calibre wont touch metadata in epub files.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:16 PM   #33
BruDeV
BruDeV began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, Android tablet, PC
If you have Windows - for the book details panel goto:

C:\Program Files\Calibre2\app\resources\templates
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\app\resources\templates

and edit the 'book_details.css' file.
BruDeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:17 AM   #34
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruDeV View Post
If you have Windows - for the book details panel goto:

C:\Program Files\Calibre2\app\resources\templates
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\app\resources\templates

and edit the 'book_details.css' file.
Next time calibre is updated that will get overwritten, here's the 'right' way to get the same result==>> Overriding icons, templates, et cetera

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:59 AM   #35
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You dont need to edit the file manually, simply go to Prefrences->Look & feel->Book details and edit it there.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:55 AM   #36
Andrew Ashling
Connoisseur
Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: I divide my time between Ormidon, Ximerion and Antwerp, Belgium
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Disable the epub metadata writer plugin and calibre wont touch metadata in epub files.
Exactly what I needed.

Thank you very much.
Andrew Ashling is offline   Reply With Quote