Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-26-2018, 12:30 AM   #1
wherahiko
Enthusiast
wherahiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wherahiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wherahiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kindle PW 3
Can I charge the Note with a Nexus 5X charger?

Will it work to charge the Onyx Boox Note with the charger from my Nexus 5X? This is a USB-C charger, and the output is DC 5V, 3A. (The manual for the Note says to use a charger which is 5V, 1A). Thanks!
wherahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:39 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wherahiko View Post
Will it work to charge the Onyx Boox Note with the charger from my Nexus 5X? This is a USB-C charger, and the output is DC 5V, 3A. (The manual for the Note says to use a charger which is 5V, 1A). Thanks!
Having extra amps is not a problem. The Note will use what it wants. Generally any 5V charger with 1A or more will work on the Note. And those less than that will likely work as well although the charge times will be longer. Computers typically output on 500mA to their USB ports and this will charge most things eventually.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2018, 11:19 PM   #3
wherahiko
Enthusiast
wherahiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wherahiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wherahiko has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Having extra amps is not a problem. The Note will use what it wants. Generally any 5V charger with 1A or more will work on the Note. And those less than that will likely work as well although the charge times will be longer. Computers typically output on 500mA to their USB ports and this will charge most things eventually.

Dale
Great, thanks!
Old 07-27-2018, 01:59 PM   #4
charliebub
Connoisseur
charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Max2
Quote:
Hi, I use my Wife's Kindle (paperwhite) charger with the Max 2 - it works perfectly - I think the USB std enables just about any charger to be used of that spec.
charliebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 12:44 PM   #5
eeeink
Banned
eeeink doesn't littereeeink doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:

The Onyx Boox Note comes with a USB-A to C cable. The charging brick you mentioned requires a USB-C to USB-C cable. I tried two different Onyx Boox Notes units and was unable to charge using anything but USB-C to A cables.

I ended up selling it and getting the Max2, since there is no benefit (for me) to have USB-C on this device. In fact, it only caused more hassle, since I don't use USB-C to A for anything else.
eeeink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2018, 06:42 PM   #6
wherahiko
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeink View Post
The Onyx Boox Note comes with a USB-A to C cable. The charging brick you mentioned requires a USB-C to USB-C cable.
I used the USB-C to USB-C cable which came with the Nexus, and it worked fine.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:35 PM   #7
John.Dorrian
Enthusiast
John.Dorrian began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle KB, Onyx Boox Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeink View Post
The Onyx Boox Note comes with a USB-A to C cable. The charging brick you mentioned requires a USB-C to USB-C cable. I tried two different Onyx Boox Notes units and was unable to charge using anything but USB-C to A cables.

I ended up selling it and getting the Max2, since there is no benefit (for me) to have USB-C on this device. In fact, it only caused more hassle, since I don't use USB-C to A for anything else.
How you do like your Max 2 compared to the Note 10.3 ?
John.Dorrian is offline   Reply With Quote