Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-28-2016, 06:23 PM   #1
CandaceVan
CandaceVan began at the beginning.

Device: inkBook Obsidian, calibre, iPad Mini, Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura HD
CC problem on inkBook Obsidian

Running Android 4.2.2 & CC 5.1.3.3.

The inkBook Obsidian contains three kinds of memory: (1) "Internal memory" of about 1 GB. (2) "NAND FLASH" of about 5.5 GB. (3) "SD Card" (removable SanDisk) of about 32 GB.

My Calibre library contains over 7,000 ebooks.

CC has a default storage location (Settings -> Formats and Folders) of /mnt/sdcard/Calibre_Companion. The "sdcard" is actually the NAND FLASH (#2 above). I would fill up the NAND FLASH and run out of room very quickly. So I want to save the books to my 32 GB SDHC card (#3 above).

If I click on the default location and try to change it, I am offered the option of choosing other folders within the NAND FLASH. I cannot figure out how to get it to let me change the default location to my 32 GB SDHC card. I did manage to change the storage of EPUB books (one format) to that SDHC card, but when I tried to do the same thing for PDFs, the program would not let me use the same SDHC Card location.

So, my question: How do I get CC to let me change the default folder for storing all ebooks to the SDHC Card from the NAND FLASH "sdcard" location?

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance wit this problem.

-- Candace
CandaceVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 07:16 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
See the last paragraph of our FAQ How do I choose which formats calibre sends and where the books are stored?, which says:
Quote:
If you are using a version of Android less than 4.4 then you can change the folder that CC uses to an arbitrary folder visible on your SD card. To do this, click the "Go to folder" button, enter the path that will contain the desired folder into the box (the default is "/", the root of the file system), then tap the "Browse" button. The screen will show the contents of that folder ("/" by default). You can navigate from there, creating folders as necessary and allowed by Android. For example, if you enter "/mnt" into the box or tap "mnt" while viewing the root then you will see all the folders inside /mnt. Probably one of the folders will be the SD card. Note: some devices do not allow writing to SD Cards. If your device is one of these, then CC cannot put books onto that card.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
android 4.2, calibre companion, inkbook, obsidian