Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-03-2018, 02:42 PM   #1
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
2017 Fire HD Tablet Not Charging

My 2017 Fire HD 8 tablet hasn't been charging properly; I usually charge overnight, and for the past few days, in the morning it still hadn't completely charged.

At first I thought maybe the wall plug or the USB cable wasn't in all the way, or had been jarred loose, but the tablet clearly says it's charging, and I've been carefully checking the connections. I've also tried a few different chargers. Sometimes the tablet charges in a normal amount of time and sometimes it doesn't.

Today it started to LOSE charge while plugged in.

It's less than a year old--I think it was a Black Friday purchase last year. Is it kaput, or is there anything I can try to get it to charge properly? Thanks.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:08 PM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
If it is less than a year old then Amazon will replace it. If faulty. They will expect you to troubleshoot first as per their instructions first though so you can save some time by Trying a hard reset and then a factory reset. Instructions for both on their site
All that generosity ends at 12 months plus one day though, unless you bought extended warranty,, so contact them now
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:10 PM   #3
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Some Fires only have a 90 day warranty.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:35 PM   #4
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Right now it's started to charge again--was at 24 percent, now it's up to 27 percent. I'm going to wait a couple of hours to see if I can get a decent amount of charge before I do anything else.

Thanks for the help.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:27 PM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Try another wall plug...
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:47 AM   #6
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Some Fires only have a 90 day warranty.
link to evidence to backup that claim please ?

any new tablet from amazon has 12 months warranty

the 90 day will only be for used ones sold as refurbished, or for warehouse deals
Old 09-04-2018, 01:50 AM   #7
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Try another wall plug...
scroll up & read what the OP SAID "...I've also tried a few different chargers...."
Old 09-04-2018, 05:34 AM   #8
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try a Different Wall plug on a DIFFERENT Circuit IF you using a Bedroom then Try the Kitchen or Living Room

stumped did I spell it out for you? sheesh
Old 09-04-2018, 05:37 AM   #9
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post

the 90 day will only be for used ones sold as refurbished, or for warehouse deals
https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Tablet-A...pSrc=srch#tech

Please Note 90 Day warranty on NEW 7" Fire....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J94SWWU...ab_cc_dgs#tech

Also note 90 day warranty on 8" Fire

Last edited by Barbara1955; 09-04-2018 at 05:39 AM.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:54 PM   #10
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post

90 day warranties have been the norm for a couple of years now on the 7" and 8" Fires.

A Google search found articles in tech mags in 2015 about the 90 day warranty on the $50 Fires.

Last edited by Deskisamess; 09-05-2018 at 02:56 PM.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 05:56 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Right now it's started to charge again--was at 24 percent, now it's up to 27 percent. I'm going to wait a couple of hours to see if I can get a decent amount of charge before I do anything else.

Thanks for the help.

Have you charged it with the tablet off? Many times on a Kindle Fire, the sync will get stuck due to Amazon servers being overloaded. Turning the tablet off and charging it that way will get you a full charge.

Any time I have a charge issue I always restart the device then charge, if that doesn't work than I charge it while it's off. That usually fixes battery calibration issues.

If all that doesn't work a factory reset solves 99.9% of Android issues.

If a factory reset doesn't fix it you know it's faulty. We had a firmware update the other day so it could be a factory reset is needed. If the solutions above don't work.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:01 AM   #12
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Wouldn't you know it, the stupid thing's been charging just fine ever since I asked about it, without me doing anything different. When it goes kerflooey again, I'll try the various suggestions I've been given, though I suspect I may be looking for a replacement come Black Friday. Thank you so much.