Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-25-2020, 02:07 PM   #91
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandulf View Post
Only read all 5 twice already, it's because of his books I started reading again.
Malazan book of the fallen for me was also a brilliant read and WOT I should even mention.
Funny, that. While I liked the WOT and the first 3 books of ASOIAF, I practically fell asleep every time I tried to read Gardens of the Moon. Made it through eventually, but no way will I read more from Erikson. Just not my cuppa, I guess. To me it seemed his story was more about the world and the plot than the characters, and that's why I was bored.

Not that Robert Jordan's characters are anywhere as good as Martin's are, but Erikson's seemed completely cardboard to me. YMMV.

Last edited by Sirtel; 08-25-2020 at 02:11 PM.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 02:12 PM   #92
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Enjoy living with your cynical view that he’s lying to millions.
Thanks. I will. You could have saved yourself a lot of trouble and led with that.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2020, 02:21 PM   #93
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Thanks. I will. You could have saved yourself a lot of trouble and led with that.
I did, I guess you just ignored that too though.

Quote:
It’s fine if you’re too cynical to take him at his word but don’t pretend like your cynicism is actual evidence that the rest of us should pay any attention to.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 02:22 PM   #94
Gandulf
Addict
Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4
Erikson's series is not an easy read, but what hooked me was he left you wondering what is going on and you only find out in the 2nd to last book if I remember correctly. Sorry not very eloquent in my typing but to me it's just very cleverly written. The funny thing is, it was originally writing as a tv series but nobody wanted to produce it.
Gandulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 02:27 PM   #95
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Erikson's series is not an easy read, but what hooked me was he left you wondering what is going on and you only find out in the 2nd to last book if I remember correctly. Sorry not very eloquent in my typing but to me it's just very cleverly written. The funny thing is, it was originally writing as a tv series but nobody wanted to produce it.
Yes, the plot certainly seemed convoluted. Unfortunately the characters were not interesting enough for me. After finishing the first book, I just no longer cared about any of them.

Well, different people like different things and that's all for the best, of course.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2020, 02:34 PM   #96
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Yes, the plot certainly seemed convoluted. Unfortunately the characters were not interesting enough for me. After finishing the first book, I just no longer cared about any of them.

Well, different people like different things and that's all for the best, of course.
Yeah Erikson is pretty well known for this reaction. Lots of folks would suggest pushing into the second book, which is arguably better written, but if you haven’t connected with any character in book one I’d be surprised if that changes going through the series.
Old 08-25-2020, 02:35 PM   #97
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
DiapDealer and MGlitch, just get a room already.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 02:45 PM   #98
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I did, I guess you just ignored that too though.
Probably.
Old 08-25-2020, 02:52 PM   #99
Gandulf
Addict
Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post

Agree, but will say this, to me it was not about the individual characters, as the 2 new gods where preparing and collecting people for a team to complete a task. Definitely not a predictable series.
Gandulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 02:53 PM   #100
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Is that a joke?

A Dance With Dragons came out in 2011. The Winds of Winter might come out in 2021.

In that same time, Stephen King has released 12 books. I'm betting his next book Later will be released before The Winds of Winter.
But only one of those was a Dark Tower novel.
Old 08-25-2020, 04:35 PM   #101
MGlitch
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Probably.
Glad you can admit your shortcomings.
Old 08-25-2020, 04:39 PM   #102
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
But only one of those was a Dark Tower novel.
But he did write an entire trilogy
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 04:55 PM   #103
MGlitch
Wizard

Quote:
Agree, but will say this, to me it was not about the individual characters, as the 2 new gods where preparing and collecting people for a team to complete a task. Definitely not a predictable series.
Yeah but it’s a bit of a journey to get to where you know that without being told by someone.
Old 08-25-2020, 06:00 PM   #104
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
But he did write an entire trilogy
King rulez!!!!!
Old 08-25-2020, 09:27 PM   #105
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Glad you can admit your shortcomings.
That makes one of us, I guess.