Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-21-2017, 01:26 AM   #1
Mystyee
Mystyee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
cant install calibre 3.0

I keep getting an error on version 2.61, I have 2.85 installed. It says 2.61 cant be removed. I tried downloaded both versions and couldn't do it. If I uninstall caliber will I lose my library? Or is there another solution. Thank you
Mystyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:14 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystyee View Post
If I uninstall caliber will I lose my library?
No, nor will you lose your preferences. But to be certain, I suggest you take a backup, see ==>> How do I backup calibre

Make sure calibre is not running when you do the backup.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2017, 02:57 AM   #3
Mystyee

thank you, now I cant get into caliber at all. I also cant uninstall the 2.60 files as it says the msi pagkage is missing. I am totally lost here, thanks.

Last edited by Mystyee; 06-22-2017 at 03:24 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:16 AM   #4
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
If nothing works, you can do two things:

a) download the old installer. You will find it here: https://download.calibre-ebook.com/ and install it again.

If this isn't working for you too, you can do it on the hard way.

b) Delete the program directory (see https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...is-not-working). This will not delete the library or your calibre settings. Both have different locations and calibre will find them with the new new installation.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:43 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingduck View Post
If nothing works, you can do two things:

a) download the old installer. You will find it here: https://download.calibre-ebook.com/ and install it again.

If this isn't working for you too, you can do it on the hard way.

b) Delete the program directory (see https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...is-not-working). This will not delete the library or your calibre settings. Both have different locations and calibre will find them with the new new installation.

@Mystyee - and if its still not installing, repeat step b) above and then use a lightweight registry cleaner such as CCleaner. Whilst calibre itself doesn't put anything about itself in the registry the Trusted Installer, the Windows component that processes MSI installs, does.

Then try installing latest version.

Given the problem and what you've already done (reinstalling the 'stuck' version) I would do this anyway.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2017, 07:48 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just download the 2.60 installer from https://download.calibre-ebook.com then tell windows where it is. That will let it proceed.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:54 PM   #7
Mystyee

Thank you so much. I was able to download the caliber mobile apps I use the computer to keep the library and move them to my kindle anyway. Thank you for taking the time to help me out.
Michele