Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 12-27-2007, 07:08 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Looking for books in IMP format

I've been looking at different sites for eBooks, and have been having trouble finding books that will support the GEB-1150. I know that there are plenty out there, but alot of books by prominent authors are not in that format. If I purchase the other formats, in say adobe or ms reader, will I be able to use software to convert them even if they are DRM encoded?

Thanks
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:01 AM   #2
dcalder
Zealot
dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-300/Kindle Keyboard/iPad Mini
Your best bet is the MS Reader format. There's a lovely tutorial available at Dear Author; it walks through the procedure specifically for converting from .lit to .imp. I've followed it myself and it works like a charm.
dcalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2007, 08:46 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Don't forget all the IMP format ebooks we have right here in the ebook section.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:45 PM   #4
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, I've seen all the books up there, but I'm not really into the "classics"
Old 12-28-2007, 12:07 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not all are classics. I've posted a bunch that are current or modern books.
Advert
Old 12-28-2007, 01:25 AM   #6
jhempel24
Wizard

Is there a way to search through to find stuff like that?

Also, I noticed that you are reading Warpath, how is the relaunch of DS9 going for you? I'm up to Gateways 4
Old 12-28-2007, 08:09 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

The DS9 Relaunch is very good. I'm about half done with Warpath.

To find some of the more recent IMP books, go to the ebook section, select Ebookwise as the type and then click the header to sort by uploader and then fnd my name and look at all I have uploaded.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:56 PM   #8
LauraLynn
Enthusiast
LauraLynn is on a distinguished road

Device: iPod Touch, Dell Axim X30 & EB1150
thank you so much for this info! I decided I couldn't wait to save the $ for a Sony 505 so I started thinking about the GEB 505. This has made my decision easy! Ordering it tonight!
LauraLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:36 AM   #9
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcalder View Post
Your best bet is the MS Reader format. There's a lovely tutorial available at Dear Author; it walks through the procedure specifically for converting from .lit to .imp. I've followed it myself and it works like a charm.
Yeah the .lit format is my format of preference to convert from when I can't get the book in .imp to start with. The books consistantly come out decently formatted. I tend to have trouble with converting a pdf or mobi book, getting the smart formatting ?? errors.

I hope you enjoy your new reader!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:59 AM   #10
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
Here is one source,
http://www.ebookmall.com/gemstar/

And another,
http://www.epress-online.com

Baen publishing gives away some books here,
http://www.baen.com/library/

http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/ has something like 13 CDs worth of Baen books, all free and legal.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote