Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 04:20 PM   #16
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I'm currently on this trial offer and plan to convert it within the week to the KSO offer of a 6-month Audible membership for $6. That'll take me to the first week of December (holiday season). My plan then is to take advantage of the $100 promo by purchasing either a Kindle Tablet or a Kindle Touch; both of which should be out by then.
I am very envious of you. I wish I had the money to buy the KSO from the get-go.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:28 PM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
I am very envious of you. I wish I had the money to buy the KSO from the get-go.
I hope they re-do some of the previous offers for those jumping in now. The $20 gift card for $10 is being offered again in time for Father's Day. It would also be nice if they re-did the 50% off a Kindle Lighted Cover and the 6-month Audible membership for $6.

The last 2 offers sucked
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #18
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I just did the Audible 1 month/2 free audiobook offer and when I went to cancel it they offered me 3 additional months at 1/2 price .... so about $8 a book. Since there is still a couple of books I want that my Overdrive system doesn't carry I went ahead and kept it.

So that turns out to be 5 books at a little under $24 - not a bad deal.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:01 PM   #19
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
"This offer is in effect until 11:59 p.m. PST on January 31, 2012."

Hmm makes me want to wait to see if/when they'll release the next generation Kindle.

And I have proven in another thread that I am blind when reading Amazon pages so can this be combined with Amazon's current offer of 1 month free membership and 2 free audiobooks?

ETA: Combined wasn't the right word. More of can I take advantage of both offers.
I don't think you can do two trials (someone tried) via amazon, but I know you can combine the 2free trial (get the two books, then cancel w/in 30 days) and the 6/$6 membership.... then cancel it (must wait 6 months to do so) and get this deal, I suspect.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #20
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
I just did the Audible 1 month/2 free audiobook offer and when I went to cancel it they offered me 3 additional months at 1/2 price .... so about $8 a book. Since there is still a couple of books I want that my Overdrive system doesn't carry I went ahead and kept it.

So that turns out to be 5 books at a little under $24 - not a bad deal.
I got the same and another bribe after that, IIRC, that I turned down, so I could do the 6/$6 sale. Also got a referal page for a $4.95 sale..
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #21
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I don't think you can do two trials (someone tried) via amazon, but I know you can combine the 2free trial (get the two books, then cancel w/in 30 days) and the 6/$6 membership.... then cancel it (must wait 6 months to do so) and get this deal, I suspect.
Yeah that's why I edited to say combined wasn't the right word
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #22
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Does anyone know--does it have to be the $14.95/month plan? Because I'd kind of like to get the 12-month plan instead and save myself a little bit of money on the credits.
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:49 AM   #23
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflower75 View Post
Does anyone know--does it have to be the $14.95/month plan? Because I'd kind of like to get the 12-month plan instead and save myself a little bit of money on the credits.
It appears to be. I'm with you, though. I'd like to get the annual Platinum that works out to $9.56 per credit. I planned on calling Audible when I was ready for it and asking if I could get the promo with a premium plan, instead of the basic plan. I'm hoping they'd agree to it.

If you're thinking about doing it soon, why not call and ask if they'd do it.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #24
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
It appears to be. I'm with you, though. I'd like to get the annual Platinum that works out to $9.56 per credit. I planned on calling Audible when I was ready for it and asking if I could get the promo with a premium plan, instead of the basic plan. I'm hoping they'd agree to it.

If you're thinking about doing it soon, why not call and ask if they'd do it.
Well, I talked to a representative at audible.com--you have to go with the monthly plan, and you have to commit for the whole year. Oh well.
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:25 PM   #25
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflower75 View Post
Well, I talked to a representative at audible.com--you have to go with the monthly plan, and you have to commit for the whole year. Oh well.
Too bad ..hey, thanks for checking