Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-02-2023, 08:53 PM   #16
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Just cuz this was raised again... here are a couple links to some of the technology scanners have developed recently.

A laser system to detect the pages curvature (fairly slow by todays standards - only 250 pages/hr):
https://youtube.com/shorts/4ZB9nA2V1...7mHa6Jy74_rHKa

A non-destructive scanner that can do upwards of 3000 pages/hr:
https://youtu.be/cmhIJOqepVU?si=J8jYxYLzjqqTCe3v
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 01:35 AM   #17
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
[QUOTE=Tex2002ans;4291537]Last month I described a lot of this book digitizing process in detail:

- - -

Side Note: With sheet music, I'd suspect you REALLY want your papers straight, so that the bars will appear completely horizontal. (It'll be very easy for the dewarping algorithms to make those look wobbly.)

yes, I really want my sheet music straight, but I did not have to buy any tools for that.. there is a tick box in the free scanner for my ageing epson printer which auto corrects vertical alignment of all my scans and does a great job

what I did find exhausing was leaning on the opened book on the flat scan platen, to pin it down while it is being scanned

but eventually i scanned all the selections of music I liked and owned, for use as PDF in the musicsheets app.
maybe 100 -200 pages and all done now, on a £10 ancient epsom, unless I buy another music book

and from trial and error, no sense in scanning above 600dpi, as the source material books are not printed at anything higher. 300dpi is probably enough.

I get better results, if the music is available, by subscribing to sheetmusicplus PASS service, and screen grabbing one page at a time from a 4k screen, in windows. thats better quality than actual printed books. takes only a few secons per page, with practice, using snip tool, save as... then import the images to musicsheets app
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 09:19 AM   #18
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The old Epson scanners are good. Still getting great results from my 21+ year old (I think) Perfection1200. Not too slow either. I had to use a PCI SCSI RAID controller and slightly older Mobo on Linux. Originally I had a PCMCIA - SCSI adaptor for it on XP laptop.

Yes, a 4K screen is nice for stupid websites (as well as for The GIMP and the scanner on the old PC).
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote