Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 05-04-2023, 06:34 AM   #1
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Extracting Small Caps from fonts

First of all, I do not have any advanced knowledge about fonts. Other than that needed to embed and/or use them in ePubs.

I remember reading somewhere else in internet (I cannot find that info, anymore) that google fonts have been "disabled" (a sort of table is removed) to have small-caps although the information or the glyphs are still inthere. Unfortunately, those webpages discussed this in relationship with latex or so, not with epub and the like.

So, the question is: How to extract the small-caps from, eg Noto, as a separate font, eg Noto-Serif-SC.otf, to be used in an ePub?
I assume it will work with any other font, not just google.

I do not whether this is the right subforum, but I didn't find any suitable one. If it is not, then please move it to the correct one, thanks.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 02:50 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
IIRC, this can be done with the FontSquirrel Webfont tool in expert mode. However, I haven't used the tool in a while.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 11:55 AM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

At a time, I found this site very useful to inform me about the properties of a font, including small-caps if there were any.
https://wakamaifondue.com/
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub 2.0.1, fonts, google fonts, small-caps