Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-16-2019, 09:13 PM   #61
tawcat
tawcat began at the beginning.

Device: Fire HD 8 8th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
the xda link says the files are for the latest fire tablet running nougat i.e. for am amazon OS7 version. and the 1st file has a 7 in the name so that is for android 7
but you say you have a device running OS 6.3 so you will need files for android 6.
its no good ignoring the " not compatible for this OS message) i suggest you get a set of 7th gen files instead and try those. or go to apkmirror and file an older version of the incompatible one
the 256k sd card is a separate issue and trying to fix both at once will be confusing
does the device still work in that apps on main memory () amazon apps) all still work, and if yo look at storage in settings does it show both sets of free storage.
you may somehow have mounted the card to be used INSTEAD Of internal memory though I did not know that was possible ?
me: I'd take out(unmount) the card, so a soft reset: hold down power button for 40 secs ignoring messages until it shuts down, then restart, delete all google apps and then start over with a different set.
once those are done I'd go back to the SD card puzzle. what make of card is it and how exactly did you add it ?
|FYI from my notes, when I did a 2017 HD8:
download the 4 APK files below using the stock web browser, SILK and install them in that same order, then REBOOT your tablet and afterwards open up the Google Play Store and log in with your Google account:

1. Google Account Manager 5.1-1743759
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...-apk-download/

2. Google Services Framework 5.1-1743759

3. Google Play Services 10.2.98 (230-146496160)

Quote:
NOTE (3): If you have a Fire HD 8 2017 (7th Generation) use this APK below instead of the above.

3. Google Play Services 10.2.98 (240-146496160)
4. Google Play Store 7.4.25.L-all [0] [PR] 145823605

Over time the Google Play Store and Google Play Services apps will auto update themselves in the background.
I just want to thank you for providing the help. I pre-purchased the 8th Gen HD 8, so it was delivered on the release date, maybe October 8th or so. Anyway, I've ben trying to install Google Play Store from day one to no avail. Happened upon this forum last evening. Read this thread with interest, shook my head the entire time knowing it wouldn't work.

Decided to try one last time before giving it up. Well I followed your instructions step by step and used/installed the older files you listed. Voila' it worked and Google Play Store is up and running. My thanks Mr. Stumped for your input.
tawcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:31 PM   #62
tawcat
tawcat began at the beginning.

Device: Fire HD 8 8th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Man View Post
Thanks, all, for info. May try it again.
Yes, I found the best way to use the SD card is as external storage.
The Old Man> Here's what I did prior to trying again: 1- I removed the SD card. 2- I did a factory restore. 3- I downloaded the files, installed them in sequence. 4- I rebooted and launched Google Play Store. Got concerned when I got the spinning "checking info." But then the username and password box popped up. More spinning, then the "I agree" box. More spinning and all of a sudden it brought me to a screen I had not seen. Hit continue and it worked.

Follow the sequence and older files "stumped" listed. Hope this gives you hope.
tawcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2019, 11:58 AM   #63
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawcat View Post
The Old Man> Here's what I did prior to trying again: 1- I removed the SD card. 2- I did a factory restore. 3- I downloaded the files, installed them in sequence. 4- I rebooted and launched Google Play Store. Got concerned when I got the spinning "checking info." But then the username and password box popped up. More spinning, then the "I agree" box. More spinning and all of a sudden it brought me to a screen I had not seen. Hit continue and it worked.

Follow the sequence and older files "stumped" listed. Hope this gives you hope.
Finally decided to give it one more try as per the directions above. And... surprise! It worked. Thanks all for your help
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 09:45 PM   #64
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
how to install google play onto a fire from 9th gen down to 4th gen.

see:
"https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/03/18/install-play-store-amazon-fire-tablet/".

article dated 3/18/2020 by android police. includes which version of google apk to use for the various versions.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 02:33 AM   #65
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by crane3 View Post
how to install google play onto a fire from 9th gen down to 4th gen.

see:
"https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/03/18/install-play-store-amazon-fire-tablet/".

article dated 3/18/2020 by android police. includes which version of google apk to use for the various versions.
not sure why you added to a very old thread. OP had already said solved and there are multiple links to how to.
but since the thread is alive, I can confirm that my HD 10 updated to amazon fire OS 7. something and all the google stuff still works
also, I recently came across a very new& comprehensive how to link that covers all versions up to 2019. I thought I'd bookmarked it but maybe not. if there's a need I can go on a history search... rereading - maybe it was that 2020 one you refer to
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert