Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-21-2019, 09:07 AM   #1
Alaa
Alaa began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Sort by system file creation date

Hi,
I'd like to create a column to sort my magazines (pdf files) by the date that the file was created (system date) (not the date added).

The reason is that I have to recreate my database and if I add all the files at once to a new fresh database, they will all appear as added today.

Can anyone help?
thanks!
Alaa
Alaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:02 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Assuming the OPF files are still present, if you add using the one book per folder method, it will preserve the add date.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 02:15 AM   #3
Alaa
Alaa began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hi, thanks for your reply but unfortunatly I did not use the one book per folder method. I must look that up!
Any way to extract th efile creation date?
Alaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 01:41 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaa View Post
Hi, thanks for your reply but unfortunatly I did not use the one book per folder method. I must look that up!
Any way to extract th efile creation date?
Not that I know of (that is reliable).. The original (id) was the add order, that gets 'fixed' when you re-add.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote