Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
New ebook store for the Swedish audience

A new ebook store has opened its doors in Sweden named Bokon.

Campaign prices range from:
29 SEK
49 SEK
99 SEK

Check out: http://bokon.se/
Some books are in epub others are in pdf.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I haven't bought any books from Bokon yet, but I am really excited. I don't have a Kindle but I cheered when I spotted their Send to Kindle feature, because even though epub is predominant in Sweden, Kindle is cheap and a lot of people buy one.
Their search has its quirks ( you need to click on the author you want, to see all their titles), but I love their sorting abilities. And, I love their prices on the ebooks in English which is more or less US list prices. ( Their prices follows the publishers deals!)
And did I mention that you can pre-order books?

But what makes me really excited is the tab on the account page called Subscriptions . And when I e-mailed them about it, the CEO himself replied and told me " It is an upcoming feature that I think our customers will like." I am dying to find out more.

Last edited by mikaelalind; 01-04-2013 at 03:52 PM.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2013, 12:47 AM   #3
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I bought a Jan Guillou book. Haven't tried the send to Kindle feature but downloaded the kindlegen command-line utility to convert to the mobi-format. For me this tool handles the conversion from epub to mobi easier than Calibre. Calibre feels like a swiss army knife and behaves accordingly.

Last edited by thinkpad; 01-05-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
thinkpad
David

I finished Jan Guillous: Brobyggarna. That was a very interesting read. I liked it a lot, perhaps not as much as his Templar series but still a very good book.

Tags
bokon