Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
songzuying
songzuying began at the beginning.

Device: K3, K4 black
Lightbulb how to rescue book from k3 with broken usb port?

usb port can charge the battery, but cannot connect to the pc.
is there someone know any way to rescue all my document from k3 from wifi?
thankyou very much
songzuying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
*If* hardware works and only software is broken, it could be connected in USB Downloader mode and data can be read from it (e.g. using k3flasher, if I might advertise that). Will be a tough ride if you never used Linux before, do not know anything about Kindle hacking yet etc. - but it is generally doable, I think. All you need to know is scattered in threads in the developer's board...

As for accessing through Wifi, I'm not aware of a good way to download and start files - and I don't think the Kindle's web browser has upload features. But you might check that...
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert