Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-23-2018, 01:24 PM   #16
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I like my Glowlight 3 ( new model) much better than the paperwhite. I still use my kindle Oasis the most
What makes you prefer the Oasis to the Glowlight? The physical design? The larger screen? Just curious.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 02:39 PM   #17
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
What made you choose the Glowlight over the Glowlight Plus? Was it much cheaper? Have they ever adjusted the sideloading limit?
Sorry. Should have specified I got two Simple Touch Glowlights. I got them because they work so well with open Android. I wouldn't get the model after because of the partition.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2018, 10:23 PM   #18
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Sorry. Should have specified I got two Simple Touch Glowlights. I got them because they work so well with open Android. I wouldn't get the model after because of the partition.
Oh, very nice. The Nook Simple Touch Glowlights are still nice. But they can be expensive now and you have to watch for what they call screen tear.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:44 PM   #19
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Indeed. I was careful and lucky and got two with perfect screens for 40 bucks each all in. People are paying up to 80 but I was patient. Thwy have kept their value. I wonder if others are also rooting them.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:17 AM   #20
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Indeed. I was careful and lucky and got two with perfect screens for 40 bucks each all in. People are paying up to 80 but I was patient. Thwy have kept their value. I wonder if others are also rooting them.
I've never bothered rooting mine. It was such a great device. The Glowlight 3 would be a worthy replacement if they would get their software fixed.
Advert
Old 04-24-2018, 12:16 PM   #21
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The Glowlight 3 would be a worthy replacement if they would get their software fixed.
Amen to that. Of all my readers, it has the best screen and is the most comfortable to hold. It often renders the page oddly, so I don't use it much.

After being pleasantly surprised by the Glowlight 3, I decided to buy a Kobo H2O, Edition 2, just to see if I was missing out. Except that the capacitive screen isn't very sensitive, it's a nice reader, assuming that you convert your books to Kepub. Because I read a lot, its main attraction is that it just sips at power and I can often finish 4 or 5 books on a charge.

So, these days, if I'm reading a KU book, I read on my Oasis, and if I own the book, I read on the Kobo, and put up with the lack of responsiveness.

Your posts on the plugins that you use on your Kobo were very helpful and I'm indebted.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote