Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-05-2018, 04:23 PM   #46
JIPG-reader
Zealot
JIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Ed2, Onyx Boox C67ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
What (and where) corrected file?
In the kobo firmware there is a file called fb2.xsl.gz (inside the folder \usr\local\Kobo\) that seems to be the responsible of how the fb2 files are rendered, but it does not work very well (very slow turning pages, sometimes hung, etc).
Curiously this file with some css styles is very similar to the one used by calibre (in fact it is copyrighted by Kovid Goyal) to render fb2 books (in windows it is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\app\resources\templates folder).

Modifying some css style lines in this file I have changed for instance the look of tittles, that (as in calibre) appear inside a grey box, but interchanging it by the one used by calibre also do not solve the problems rendering the fb2 files.

In summary, I would like to read fb2 files in the kobo as I do with my Onyx Boox , but I do not see the way ...
JIPG-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:27 PM   #47
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Hmmm... what patch is this? What does it do? I don't use it, but I don't think the text-box size is a patch related error. My Menu/Activity/My Words text-box was also too small (after activating My Words in the Kobo eReader.conf file and before applying patches, I think, but I could be wrong). Of course now the text-box is gone because I've added words
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I'm not too sure either but I think it might be based on tshering's work 'for bad eyes' which enlarged the font-size in a lot of the general GUI widgets.
Yes, it is
Code:
PROGRESIVE:
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: |
      Based on tshering's BAD EYES
      source: tshering/KBPatcher17_4.4.9995/4_plus_source/nickel
Good luck.

Last edited by jcn363; 09-05-2018 at 04:55 PM.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2018, 05:46 PM   #48
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIPG-reader View Post
In the kobo firmware there is a file called fb2.xsl.gz (inside the folder \usr\local\Kobo\) that seems to be the responsible of how the fb2 files are rendered, but it does not work very well (very slow turning pages, sometimes hung, etc).
Curiously this file with some css styles is very similar to the one used by calibre (in fact it is copyrighted by Kovid Goyal) to render fb2 books (in windows it is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\app\resources\templates folder).

Modifying some css style lines in this file I have changed for instance the look of tittles, that (as in calibre) appear inside a grey box, but interchanging it by the one used by calibre also do not solve the problems rendering the fb2 files.

In summary, I would like to read fb2 files in the kobo as I do with my Onyx Boox , but I do not see the way ...
Thanks for this information that I don't knew, but I referred to the mentioned translation file.
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 05:57 PM   #49
JIPG-reader
Zealot
JIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Ed2, Onyx Boox C67ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
Thanks for this information that I don't knew, but I referred to the mentioned translation file.
I extracted the translation files from nickel, using some scripts from pipcat, and then corrected some errors in a .ts file (is txt so easily editable) and the recompile it to a .qm file used by the kobo (this last step is done now automatically by kobopatch, that also include it in koboroot.tgz in the adequate folder)

Last edited by JIPG-reader; 09-05-2018 at 05:59 PM.
JIPG-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:37 PM   #50
scionmessenger
Enthusiast
scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Color PB633
Top 50 Books, Top Picks in bottom left hand corner Kobo Aura One

Ive read about 200 pages of forums lol. In the 4.8.11073 firmware i had MY BOOKS there in the bottom left hand corner. Well my aura one died by salt water, btw don't use it at the ocean, and I had to get a new one. So it came in and I updated it to 4.9.11311. I ran the patches, and ran it through the calibre tools, and ended up with MY BOOKS in the bottom left, and NEW BOOKS in the bottom right. I like having a clean home-screen, so just the current book I'm reading in the top left, and MY BOOKS in the bottom left. Anywho, i went through and clicked on everyone of my books, only about 30 and once new books was gone, I proceeded to remove current books from the top. Once they were all gone, MY BOOKS in the bottom disappeared and became Top 50 Books!! So I opened up a book, and its showing in the top, but the Top 50 Books is still on the bottom. I have tried everything to get it back to just showing my books, to no avail. The calibre tool to remove tiles that says top picks does nothing. Is this tool no longer functioning? About to go crazy here. I've even updated firmware to 4.10.11655 and reran all patches. Still no go.

So the short of this long winded post is this. I want nothing in the bottom half of my Kobo Aura One, or only MY BOOKS. Besides trying to go back to firmware 4.8.1103, has anyone figured out how to remove the store tile from the home screen? Thanks in advance!

I have attached a screenshot of my homepage for clarification!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	homescreen.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	511.6 KB
ID:	166303  

Last edited by scionmessenger; 09-14-2018 at 06:43 PM.
scionmessenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2018, 09:10 PM   #51
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by scionmessenger View Post
The calibre tool to remove tiles that says top picks does nothing. Is this tool no longer functioning?
No, this doesn't work with the current home screen. It was specific to the function of the previous tiled home screen. But, the firmware is still maintaining the table in the database this fiddled with. There may be some use of it happening, but I don't know what.

As to the rest, put the unpatched firmware back on the device and start again. Odds are you have a combination of patched that don't quite work together. I don't do the patching, so can't help with that. But:

- There isn't a "New books" tile. The closest that I can think of is the "My books" which shows the covers of three of the most recently added books.

- Do you have any collections? From memory, "Top 50 books" is one of the things that can be displayed in the middle right place in the home screen. Once there are some collections being used, one of these will be displayed instead.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:36 PM   #52
scionmessenger
Enthusiast
scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bottom Left Hand Tile Removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No, this doesn't work with the current home screen. It was specific to the function of the previous tiled home screen. But, the firmware is still maintaining the table in the database this fiddled with. There may be some use of it happening, but I don't know what.

As to the rest, put the unpatched firmware back on the device and start again. Odds are you have a combination of patched that don't quite work together. I don't do the patching, so can't help with that. But:

- There isn't a "New books" tile. The closest that I can think of is the "My books" which shows the covers of three of the most recently added books.

- Do you have any collections? From memory, "Top 50 books" is one of the things that can be displayed in the middle right place in the home screen. Once there are some collections being used, one of these will be displayed instead.

Thanks for responding. I think I meant to say Unread books shows up in the bottom right hand corner. So I opened each one to make them go away until the right hand side was clean. As for patches, the only ones i have enabled are
Show all games
Custom footer- for ebook reading
Custom menu bar- reduce by 50 %
Remove footer (row3) on new home screen
Fix three KePub fullScreenReading bugs

I got my first Aura last January, so iv'e been doing the patches for a while, but with the new home-screen and the removal of long press to remove tiles, I have had yet to find a way to remove the top 50, or store tile in the bottom left hand corner

So, to rephrase my question again lol to make it simple,

Is there a patch, or code change to remove the tile in the bottom left hand corner, whether it be top 50, my books, kobo store etc.
Thanks guys! And thanks again @Davidfor!
Old 09-15-2018, 03:15 AM   #53
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
So, to rephrase my question again lol to make it simple,

Is there a patch, or code change to remove the tile in the bottom left hand corner, whether it be top 50, my books, kobo store etc.
Thanks guys! And thanks again @Davidfor!
At this time, no one seems to have created that patch/code change.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 03:44 AM   #54
scionmessenger
Enthusiast

Maybe a Remove row 2 patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
At this time, no one seems to have created that patch/code change.
Thanks David. I found a temporary workaround until then. As long as I leave some unread books in the right hand corner, MY BOOKS stays in the left. As soon as i have started progress on all of them, the top 50 comes back. If I select them all and mark them as unread, it still stays on top 50. If I remove them all, then reimport with calibre, voila, My BOOKS is back. So if anyone else likes clean homepages without kobo store crap, one of the reasons I left the kindle sphere, then try this until a patch or something is made.

This patch
Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen:

seems promising in removing the kobo stuff. I would rather have dead space than ads. Do you think that there could be a similar "remove row 2" patch made, where there is nothing showing!
Old 09-15-2018, 04:01 AM   #55
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I have "Currently reading"in the row 1 - left. If "Currently Reading" is less than two books (or three, I don't know), in the row 1 - right I have the last open author with unread books or recommendations.

In row 2 - left I have "My Books" and in row 2 - right I have the last open collection with more than 4 unread books (I think 4, I'm not sure) or the last open author with unread books .

So yes, something is showing at row 2.

Edit: Right / Left depending on how your look at.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 09-15-2018 at 04:04 AM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 04:55 AM   #56
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
nickel.yaml
Only Reading and My Books
Warning: Do NOT use with any of the patch-group: Home screen tweaks.
Spoiler:
Code:
Only Reading and My Books:
  - PatchGroup: Home screen tweaks
  - FindZlib: "[qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #row1col2"
# To see Current Collection remove #row2col2 into Repalace clause
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "[qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #row1col2 {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}"
      Replace: "#row1col2,#row2col2,#row3{qproperty-visible:false;}"

Only Reading
Warning: Do NOT use with any of the patch-group: Home screen tweaks.
Spoiler:
Code:
Only Reading:
  - FindZlib: "[qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #row1col2"
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "[qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #row1col2 {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}"
      Replace: "#row1col2,#row2,#row3{qproperty-visible:false;}"

Good luck.

Last edited by jcn363; 09-17-2018 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Warning
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:30 AM   #57
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn363 View Post
nickel.yaml
Do NOT use with Remove footer (row3) on new home screen
Spoiler:
Code:
  - ReplaceZlib:

Only Reading

Spoiler:
Code:
Only Reading:
  - ReplaceZlib:

Good luck.
Want me to add it to the patch zips?
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:17 AM   #58
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
@jcn363, I have integrated your patch "nickel-PROGRESIVE_H.yaml".

After that I noticed that the text in the dictionary window is far down. What do I have to do to get the text up again?
Please have a look at the screenshot for clarification.

Otherwise, your patch works very well on my Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6itam4275q...nster.png?dl=0
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 07:30 PM   #59
scionmessenger
Enthusiast

Could not get to work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn363 View Post
nickel.yaml
Spoiler:
Code:
  - ReplaceZlib:

Only Reading

Spoiler:
Code:
Only Reading:
  - ReplaceZlib:

Good luck.

Hey, I disabled the row 3, and reloaded. all good. Tried your patch, both of them could not get either to build? I am on 4.10.11655.
The patching system is the new yaml. Everytime, i get an error. They have both been placed in my nickel.yaml file at the bottom. Only one is activated. I have attached the log. Only my reading and my books first, then only reading. Thank you

P.S. It looks like you might be missing a find zlib line. Im not sure, know nothing really of coding, just basing that off of the above stuff.
Attached Files
File Type: txt log.txt (86.2 KB, 275 views)
Old 09-15-2018, 07:42 PM   #60
scionmessenger
Enthusiast

Quote:
Hey, I disabled the row 3, and reloaded. all good. Tried your patch, both of them could not get either to build? I am on 4.10.11655.
The patching system is the new yaml. Everytime, i get an error. They have both been placed in my nickel.yaml file at the bottom. Only one is activated. I have attached the log. Only my reading and my books first, then only reading. Thank you

P.S. It looks like you might be missing a find zlib line. Im not sure, know nothing really of coding, just basing that off of the above stuff.

Ok, I fiddled around with the code

Code:
Only Reading:
  - Enabled: yes
  - FindZlib: "#row1col2"
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Offset: 0
      Find:    "#row1col2 {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}"
This works and only shows my current read but moves it to the middle of the screen, which is fine. It shows up to 4 books being read also like normal. This is close enough to what I was looking for to make me happy, till a firmware update comes out that allows us to rearrange tiles!

This,

Code:
  - Enabled: yes
  - FindZlib: "#row1col2"
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Offset: 0
      Find:    "#row1col2 {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}"
shows my current read back on top, and only the top 50 on the bottom, but spread out and taking up the whole bottom lol. I think that since this is a revolving slot, I.E, it shows Top 50, My Books, Kobo Store etc, I won't be able to make it just be my books, unless someone else alot smarter than me can make a patch. Again, thanks to both Davids and JCN363. It's nice to be in a community of people willing to help, and teach. You guys rock!

Lastly, for some reason it throws compiling errors when trying to switch from one patch to another, so put no on both, build, then yes on the one your switching to to go between options
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0915181946-1048x1862.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	166323   Click image for larger version

Name:	0916180031a-1048x1862.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	213.8 KB
ID:	166324   Click image for larger version

Name:	0916180030-1048x1862.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	270.5 KB
ID:	166325  

Last edited by scionmessenger; 09-16-2018 at 01:09 AM. Reason: fixing code boxing, and adding findings and props to people who helped

Tags
kobopatch, patch32lsb, patches, patching