Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-04-2018, 11:08 AM   #1
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
french dict kobo nickel to koreader stardict

Hi there,

I noticed this morning that the dicthtml-fr.zip which happens to be the stock french dictionary in kobo's nickel has been updated to Robert Micro (don't know how long as I haven't really use nickel for months). this is great news because it's quite a decent dictionary compared to before.

I also noticed that the html files are just crypted by gzip (they are html files which are in fact gzip files with a html file inside them). So it's super easy to decrypt them (just need decompressing) and to make a stardict dictionary from it (which I just finished) using penelope csv to stardict.

I wrote it here for science =)

Last edited by cramoisi; 06-04-2018 at 11:26 AM.
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:55 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Huh, good to know. Nickel's dictionaries have indeed historically been decidedly crappy (whatever the language may be, the English one is *also* pretty terrible).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2018, 01:57 PM   #3
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Yup, till now (but i will continue to use it in conjunction of this new one) I use the homemade mobi to stardict robert-dixell I bought on amazon and I spent *days* to convert and set up. It's really a great one.
Old 06-05-2018, 03:01 AM   #4
cramoisi
Librarian

The other dicts are not crypted the same way so I guess the 7z e -y '*.html' command I used (won't work with gunzip idkw) is only ok for the french dict for firmware 4.8.11073 (perhaps before but I won't test it) and I don't know if it will be the same in the future.