Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 11:56 PM   #46
Dwayne_Matheson
Connoisseur
Dwayne_Matheson is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Probably a coincident but I got a shipping email today. Whining on a forum does not increase the likelihood of getting a Kindle shipped, but it made me feel better.

DHL Global seems to be my shipper, at the moment the website has the item leaving Phoenix, AZ. Estimated time of arrival is still 27 Sept.
Dwayne_Matheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:23 AM   #47
kindlezzz
Kindle Convert
kindlezzz began at the beginning.

Device: K3 > finally arrived!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
You are in Toronto? My impression is they deliver everything with UPS now. That's been my experience. UPS leaves a note stuck to the front door if they can't get a signature and it includes tracking details, phone number, and next date of expected attempt, typically next day.
Yeah I'm in Toronto, but I chose standard shipping because I already felt hosed being charged the brokerage fees, in hindsight I should have opted for express post or whatever. But - I also knew that meant UPS and I have been hosed enough times by those crooks when things from Ebay arrive out of the U.S., now I always choose the regular postal system or whatever else they suggest is the cheapest. Live & learn I suppose.

Anyway - I have friends in the Land / Air freight business on the Security side of things, stolen ( I mean 'Lost' ) shipments are huge. They have received crates of laptops with all of the boxes in the middle carefully opened and resealed with just enough weight to fool the scales that the boxes are full. Solving that kind of stuff between multiple shipping agencies is next to impossible so I'm really not surprised that my kindle never made it too far out of Kentucky !

Hopefully Amazon will expedite a replacement for me on Monday after they call me back ( I hope! ).
kindlezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 08:27 AM   #48
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoZ View Post
DHL Global still doesn't have Amazon's provided number on their system yet.
This is one instance I wish they shipped with UPS. I mean, wasn't DHL out of the biz in the U.S. anyways?
They likely never will. My DHL Global number never tracked on their website. I had to phone them to get any info. And then all they could tell me was it hit the border on x date, from there Canada post takes over.

DHL should be able to give you the CP tracking number though - of course my CP tracking number didn't track on CO's site either. Had to phone Canada Post to find out my kindle was lost.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:50 AM   #49
ChaoZ
Connoisseur
ChaoZ doesn't litterChaoZ doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
They likely never will. My DHL Global number never tracked on their website. I had to phone them to get any info. And then all they could tell me was it hit the border on x date, from there Canada post takes over.

DHL should be able to give you the CP tracking number though - of course my CP tracking number didn't track on CO's site either. Had to phone Canada Post to find out my kindle was lost.
So my Kindle will either magically appear or not at all? Gee, what a way to run a business.
ChaoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:18 AM   #50
Samantha45
Connoisseur
Samantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne_Matheson View Post
There are not supposed to be any extra fees. If they charge you fees, get the receipt and then email Amazon. Amazon charged you all the fees you needed to pay already and they should make this right. Did it happen to be UPS?
No idea. I wasn't here. There weren't any extra fees.
Samantha45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 12:16 PM   #51
kindlezzz
Kindle Convert
kindlezzz began at the beginning.

Device: K3 > finally arrived!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoZ View Post
So my Kindle will either magically appear or not at all? Gee, what a way to run a business.
Yup - thats basically what the nice Amazon operator told me, they want me to wait until the end of the day on Monday and they promised to call me at 5pm to check up if it arrived.

Seems like this is what you get when you select standard shipping I guess, I didn't think it was worth the extra $ for the other options, have a different opinion now of course !

Oh well
kindlezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #52
ChaoZ
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlezzz View Post
Yup - thats basically what the nice Amazon operator told me, they want me to wait until the end of the day on Monday and they promised to call me at 5pm to check up if it arrived.

Seems like this is what you get when you select standard shipping I guess, I didn't think it was worth the extra $ for the other options, have a different opinion now of course !

Oh well
I initially selected the basic shipping, but I upgraded to the next peg up. Looks like that really didn't do much good either.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #53
notatoad
Enthusiast
notatoad began at the beginning.

Device: Graphite Kindle 3G
i came home from work to find a kindle sitting in a box on my doorstep in the rain. i was not impressed. It only took 18hrs from ship time to arrival though, i was very impressed with that.

but no, no brokerage fees on top of what amazon charged at purchase time.
notatoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:37 PM   #54
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Well, apparently my Kindle has been found - if it every truly was lost. Is on the truck for delivery this afternoon/evening.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:36 AM   #55
ChaoZ
Connoisseur

Weird. Amazon's site now says this:
September 17, 2010 08:35:00 AM Des Plaines IL US Shipment received by carrier

Whereas before (up until last night) it said Kentucky on Sept 16 at roughly 1am. Still no tracking on DHL's site.

Maybe I should just ignore everything and see if it arrives next Wednesday.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:11 PM   #56
jonahemery
jonahemery began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Yeah ChaoZ, weird shipping patterns for Canadian Kindle's. Mine originated in West Pennsylvania, went to a central hub in Cinncinatti, then quickly went to Hamilton Ontario. From there the DHL status dropped off a cliff... no update and its suppose to come to Fredericton NB. Paid for International Priority Shipping.
jonahemery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:07 PM   #57
ChaoZ
Connoisseur

To those who were not able to track via DHL, try inputting the tracking number given by Amazon here.

Mine shows that my Kindle is now in Mississauga, originally slated to ship today, but received after some kind of cutoff, so it'll be here tomorrow instead.

Last edited by ChaoZ; 09-20-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:17 PM   #58
Dwayne_Matheson
Connoisseur
Dwayne_Matheson is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
My Kindle may, or may not, be delivered tomorrow. If some of your experiences are an indication, my statement is true.
Dwayne_Matheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:11 PM   #59
jonahemery
jonahemery began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
No dice when I put the tracking ID into Canada Post. Can't find it.
jonahemery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:36 PM   #60
ChaoZ
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahemery View Post
No dice when I put the tracking ID into Canada Post. Can't find it.
It could be Canada Post does not see it until they get handed it by DHL. Also, make sure you paste the number in the Reference Number section, not Tracking Number one.