Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
noelhx
noelhx began at the beginning.

Device: none
ignore zip files?

I keep all the ebooks I want to manage in PDf format. Right now, they are in various folders, intersped with a lot of ZIP files which are not ebooks. Can I tell Calibre to NOT import ZIP files, and only import PDF files it finds?
noelhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:14 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Probably not but you could either
1. Import them all and then use remove books to remove every format but pdf
2. do a search for *.pdf, copy and paste them to a temp folder and then import from there.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 02:06 AM   #3
noelhx
noelhx began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yes, I used #2. I would like to submit this as an enhancement, as it seems a very basic use case/scenario. If I have to 'pre-organize' before organizing, well, I would just like to submit this.

I am just starting to use this, so hopefully I will have some more feedback.

Thanks!
noelhx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ignore zip files