Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-08-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Arrow Weird PDF action on Pocket Pro

I downloaded a free PDF book from Suvudu.
http://a1018.g.akamai.net/f/1018/190...eversuvudu.pdf

When I display it in the Adobe Viewer at Zoom level 1, it is very small, but OK

I change to Zoom level 2, and I get:

Note that the Top Graphic and large Capital are missing.
Advance a Page.

This continues for the larger Zoom levels.

Set to View as XPDF and you get for Magnify 2 (8 key)

Set to Magnify 3

In all cases the M and graphic appear in the proper place.

RobertB can you submit this as a bug report?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
This is a bug in mobile Adobe Digital Editions, see the attached screenshot from Windows Sony eBook Library which also uses mobile ADE and has the same behavior.

It is still a bug, but Jinke will need to forward it to Adobe. I doubt that the image placement can be fixed. This is probably due to the images being after the text in the PDF, even though they appear before the text on the page. Skipping the first character of a line is the most serious issue, but the 1st "character" is actually an image in this case with dropcaps being implemented by wrapping text around the image. This is again hard to fix, and the result would probably be better if the letter images were in the PDF where they are actually used.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DF_SEL1.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	38710  
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2009, 06:05 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Set to View as XPDF ... In all cases the M and graphic appear in the proper place.
XPDF is only there because ADE did not originally allow text to speech. I have seen other firmwares without XPDF, because ADE does now allow TTS. If anyone wants to keep XPDF capability, then they should let Astak know.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:50 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
This is a bug in mobile Adobe Digital Editions, see the attached screenshot from Windows Sony eBook Library which also uses mobile ADE and has the same behavior.

It is still a bug, but Jinke will need to forward it to Adobe. I doubt that the image placement can be fixed. This is probably due to the images being after the text in the PDF, even though they appear before the text on the page. Skipping the first character of a line is the most serious issue, but the 1st "character" is actually an image in this case with dropcaps being implemented by wrapping text around the image. This is again hard to fix, and the result would probably be better if the letter images were in the PDF where they are actually used.
Your explanation in this and the other thread helped me to understand the problem, even if I am not very happy.
Dropping XPDF would be a disaster in this example unless they figure how to flip (toggle?) the drop capital graphic to before the line.
Running "Suvudu" books through Calibre ends up with a really annoying fingerprint just before the page number and I am no wizard enough to make a custom filter to process it out.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:27 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
XPDF is only there because ADE did not originally allow text to speech. I have seen other firmwares without XPDF, because ADE does now allow TTS. If anyone wants to keep XPDF capability, then they should let Astak know.
It is missing but somehow got added as a feature in a version of the 6" V3 firmware. I do believe it is important to keep as it permits zooming PDF's that are really images as well as fixing the kind of problem the user referred to. I really like reflow but there are limits in what it can do. Yes, I will tell Jinke but others should also.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
bug, pdf