Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 11-24-2015, 10:04 AM   #1
omaronly
omaronly began at the beginning.

Device: prs-300, prs-350, kindle touch, nook st, nook glowlight, kobo mini
Gemstar GEB1150 Bricked?

I picked up a GEB1150 for historical reasons, and it looks rather new in the box as if it were sitting there since 2002.

It won't turn on, even with the charger plugged in to it. It makes a faint chirping sound when the charging cable is plugged in. The charger is only barely warm, so I think there's little current flowing. What do I do to boot this relic up?
omaronly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:51 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Let it charge for about 12 hours and then retry.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2015, 09:31 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
These devices were released around 2004, weren't they?

Good luck on a 10-year old battery.

I threw my three into a closet about 6 years ago. (Perhaps mine were REB units, actually.) I probably need to see if they'll come on.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 03:31 PM   #4
omaronly
omaronly began at the beginning.

Device: prs-300, prs-350, kindle touch, nook st, nook glowlight, kobo mini
I bought a new wall adapter for it and let it sit for 12 hours, but the adapter is cold; seems like the unit won't even draw power.

Do you know where I could find a service manual for it; Google's not turning up anything for me.
omaronly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 06:29 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaronly View Post
I bought a new wall adapter for it and let it sit for 12 hours, but the adapter is cold; seems like the unit won't even draw power.

Do you know where I could find a service manual for it; Google's not turning up anything for me.
Here is a manual
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1150QuickStartGuidev16f.pdf (693.9 KB, 804 views)
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert