Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-30-2007, 08:46 AM   #1
andyafro
Connoisseur
andyafro doesn't litterandyafro doesn't litter

Device: sony reader prs-500
What is the Worst Book you have had to Edit?

My question is What book has taken you the longest to edit so as to get it the way you wanted it?

There are some terrible copies of books out there even ones bought through sony or other ebook shops.

My worst has to be a copy of All My Zobies by Robert Heinlein. This Books was only 33 pages long but was such a terrible copy that it took nearly 3 days to sort it out. It was worth it because it is a great story but 3 days is a long time to be editing considering sometimes you can load a book into Book Designer and most of the time it only take abit of editing to get it right.
andyafro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
The hardest books for me to edit were books of plays in the Harvard Classic series. Some of the sources were from Project Gutenberg and others were from OCRed scanned images. Other than the common problems with OCR text and archaic words plus the every now and again non-English word, the interplay between format and layout was hard to migrate to BookDesigner.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2007, 09:40 PM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
For me it was either the Balzacs (restoring French accents) or the Voltaires, many of which came from poor quality scans in the internet archive.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote