Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Is there a way to adjust the Screen Filter app?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:41 PM   #17
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Is there a way to adjust the Screen Filter app?
Yes, go into the app's settings. You adjust the filter brightness there. There's sample text so you can see how it looks as you adjust it.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #18
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Yes, go into the app's settings. You adjust the filter brightness there. There's sample text so you can see how it looks as you adjust it.
Dumb question probably, but how do I get into the app's settings? Menu, Applications, Screen Filter just brings up general info with few options. Running the app merely enables it so there is no interface, so I cannot select settings.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I figured it out. For people sleep deprived like me. You can adjust the settings by going to the notification bar ( The thing at the top swipe it down) then click on the app's name and it will bring the settings box up.

It really helps even daytime reading as I had it set all the way down but the filter works great to make the Kindle app more readable.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:48 PM   #20
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
how do you get into the app settings? Tapping on it just turns it on, or off, for me.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 03:49 PM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
how do you get into the app settings? Tapping on it just turns it on, or off, for me.
Read my above post.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:50 PM   #22
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
I figured it out. For people sleep deprived like me. You can adjust the settings by going to the notification bar ( The thing at the top swipe it down) then click on the app's name and it will bring the settings box up.

It really helps even daytime reading as I had it set all the way down but the filter works great to make the Kindle app more readable.
Thank you! Wow that was not very intuitive though--bad Google, bad, bad, Google, shame on them.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:52 PM   #23
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Thank you! Wow that was not very intuitive though--bad Google, bad, bad, Google, shame on them.
It's the developer who made it this way not Google. It actually works well. I can adjust it any app I am in.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:52 PM   #24
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

ah got it, thanks
Old 11-16-2011, 03:52 PM   #25
gweminence
Fat Guy

It seems to me like the app just invokes the built-in functionality, though. How could it be anything else? So isn't it redundant?
Old 11-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #26
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

From what understand it just basically adds a grey tint to the screen. Kind of like adding a grey layer on top of a image then changing the layer opacity to be more transparent. So it's actually doesn't hurt anything. It's not changing the brightness settings in anyway. It's actually a pretty neat app.

Think of it as sunglasses for your Kindle!
Old 11-16-2011, 03:58 PM   #27
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
It seems to me like the app just invokes the built-in functionality, though. How could it be anything else? So isn't it redundant?
No, you can lower it so you can't see. Try lowering it all the way down using the sample text.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:58 PM   #28
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
From what understand it just basically adds a grey tint to the screen. Kind of like adding a grey layer on top of a image then changing the layer opacity to be more transparent. So it's actually doesn't hurt anything. It's not changing the brightness settings in anyway. It's actually a pretty neat app.

Think of it as sunglasses for your Kindle!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:10 PM   #29
Jowi
Connoisseur
Jowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: iPod Touch 5g, Kindle PW, iPad 3
Great, thanks! Going to mess with the settings tonight
Jowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:04 PM   #30
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Sorry for being a bit slow... but mine kindle won't let me add the screen filter. I keep getting a message that says " For security, your kindle is set to block installation of applications not obtained form the Amazon AppStore. "

Is this normal?, if so how can I by pass it?

Last edited by nimblem; 11-24-2011 at 11:06 PM. Reason: ummm... I got it... Sorry
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote