Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 07-05-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
deevine miss m
deevine miss m began at the beginning.

Device: none
Creating a sample of the e-book?

I'm a newbie - just finished my first e-pub/mobi creation last week, with major thanks to everyone on this site! You all have become my new BFFs! My question - is there a (fairly simple!) tool that will create a sample like Amazon has, where you can allow visitors to a website to see a few pages inside the book? Hope I'm not overlooking the obvious, whatever it is, and trying to re-invent the wheel... but I do that a lot!
deevine miss m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #2
deevine miss m

Well, its nice to know 115 people viewed my post, but no one had anything to say that might help me.
Advert
Old 07-10-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
I subscribed to this thread because I would like to do the same. So I guess the answer is no seeing as how 115 people couldn't assist you with your request.
I reckon Apple and Amazon remake the book because they have a BUY button on the last page of the sample that takes you to the book's shopping cart.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
I subscribed to this thread because I would like to do the same. So I guess the answer is no seeing as how 115 people couldn't assist you with your request.
I reckon Apple and Amazon remake the book because they have a BUY button on the last page of the sample that takes you to the book's shopping cart.
I am sure they do. Here is a web site that has a sample book and it is also clearly remade but perhaps more easily done than Amazon. http://www.retrievalartist.com/?page_id=41

The bottom of the page shows the guys who built the page, perhaps they can help you.

If you have an ePub file it is easy to take it apart and either build an ePub out of the first few chapters as a sample or use the html pages inside the ePub for a web site.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:11 AM   #5
deevine miss m

Thank you, Dale. I know sometimes the answer is simple (such as your last statement, but it isn't always obvious!)

Again, thanks.
margie (a.k.a. the deevine miss m)
Advert

Tags
excerpt, partial, sample