Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
bucketheadmn
bucketheadmn began at the beginning.

Device: NOOKcolor
Change Send to Device Folder??

So I have a rooted NC and am using Calibre 0.7.52. I am able to send files to the SD card on my NC just fine. What I am wanting to do is change the folder they are sent to.

Currently if I choose Main Memory (which is how Calibre sees my SD card on the NC) books are sent to: My Files - > Books

I use the Nook Android App to read my books and in order for the app to see the side loaded books the books need to be in: Nook -> MyDocuments

How do I change the folder/directory that Calibre sends the .epub files to?

Thanks!
bucketheadmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketheadmn View Post
So I have a rooted NC and am using Calibre 0.7.52. I am able to send files to the SD card on my NC just fine. What I am wanting to do is change the folder they are sent to.

Currently if I choose Main Memory (which is how Calibre sees my SD card on the NC) books are sent to: My Files - > Books

I use the Nook Android App to read my books and in order for the app to see the side loaded books the books need to be in: Nook -> MyDocuments

How do I change the folder/directory that Calibre sends the .epub files to?

Thanks!
Welcome

Just add a 'literal' value into the template. Be wary of 'case' sensitivities

Code:
MyDocuments/{author_sort[0]}_authors/{authors}/{title}-{id}/{title}_-{authors}
the slash means the next part(s) are folder(s)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to appropriate subforum.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
bucketheadmn

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Welcome

Just add a 'literal' value into the template. Be wary of 'case' sensitivities

Code:
MyDocuments/{author_sort[0]}_authors/{authors}/{title}-{id}/{title}_-{authors}
the slash means the next part(s) are folder(s)
I tried that, but seems to go into the My Files Folders no matter what. Copied your code exact and pasted into Calibre and it ended up creating a MyDocuments folder within the my files, ending up here: E:\My Files\Books\MyDocuments

I would like to see the books end up here: E:\Nook\MyDocuments

Where E:\ is seen as Main Memory by Calibre which is perfect already.

I need
Old 03-27-2011, 03:49 PM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

To change that folder, you'd have to change the source code of the device interface plugin for the Nook.
Advert
Old 03-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #6
bucketheadmn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
To change that folder, you'd have to change the source code of the device interface plugin for the Nook.
How/Where would I do that? I looked in customize plugins, but did not give me the option under the Nookcolor Device Interface plugin. Do I need to get into the actual source code of the program to change it?
Old 03-27-2011, 04:03 PM   #7
Manichean
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketheadmn View Post
Do I need to get into the actual source code of the program to change it?
Yep. I won't give further instructions for two reasons: First, I haven't looked at the code and haven't got the first clue about it, second, if you want to trash the plugin, you can do that all by yourself
Old 03-27-2011, 04:05 PM   #8
bucketheadmn

Quote:
Yep. I won't give further instructions for two reasons: First, I haven't looked at the code and haven't got the first clue about it, second, if you want to trash the plugin, you can do that all by yourself
Haha - I will not trash the plugin either . Was hopeful it would be a easy fix, but alas I will just have to copy/paste on to my NC. Maybe plugin will be updated at one point, but I will not touch anything in it .
Old 03-27-2011, 04:08 PM   #9
Manichean
Wizard

You can use the connect to folder feature instead, coupled with theducks' advice. You'll have to deactivate the Nook plugin, though, to stop Calibre from recognizing the device.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:22 PM   #10
bucketheadmn

Quote:
You can use the connect to folder feature instead, coupled with theducks' advice. You'll have to deactivate the Nook plugin, though, to stop Calibre from recognizing the device.
Connect to Folder does exactly what I want after disabling the NOOKcolor plugin - thanks!