Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Writer2ePub

Notices

Old 01-27-2011, 11:54 PM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
An example file of your CSS style sheet

Hi, Luke

I am about to publish on MobileRead several EPUBs using W2E and I have a modest request.

You leave us the choice of the font. Out of that, we have to use your CSS sheet. However, out of the main styles, I am sometimes surprised by what I get on my screen. Under the same style name, you and me can put very different things.

So, I came upon this proposal: please, could you prepare and publish here on MobileRead a short odt text using your styles, so that we can select quickly which particular style to use.

You just would have to write each style with his name and, this way, we could know quickly and preciseley how your particular styles look ans select them confidently without undue trial and error, a kind of tool we could use a little like a painter's palette or, better, to adapt precisely a model using your style names.

A personal wish: keeping on your site your latest extension, would also be very handy.

Last edited by roger64; 01-28-2011 at 04:24 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:14 AM   #2
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Right, this request will be part of the "user manual".
The only problem is to translate the style name in all languages.
In a week, more or less, I will release a list of the suported styles.

Thnks

Luke
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
I found it is 'more or less' obvious, at least to me, what the styles are by looking at the css file in any ebook made with W2epub. I was looking as I was not happy with one or two styles and wanted to change them, preferably at creation time.

I found the cs.xba file deep in LibreOffice uno_packages which is the file that creates the css file. With a proper text editor you can alter this file to produce your own css file (at your own risk of course.) You need to restart Writer to get the changes registered, but it is quite painless and you get your books formatted as you want them.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #4
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedfreak View Post
I found it is 'more or less' obvious, at least to me, …I was looking as I was not happy with one or two styles and wanted to change them, preferably at creation time…
The simplest way:

Go to Tools>Macros>Organize Macros>OpenOffice Basic
Then goto MyMacros>Writer2ePub>CSS>CreateCSSfile and press Edit.

Now you can change the code that creates the CSS, according to tou need.

As soon I will have some time, I will add the capability to use a editable CSS and/or a choice of some CSSs

Luke
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:27 PM   #5
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
Thank you even easier than my roundabout way. An editable css would also be be nice, but this is anyway my most use LO extension.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #6
Ken Irving
Writer
Ken Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Nook "1st Edition" Wireless, Nook4PC, NookStudy, Kindle4PC
For almost everything I do through writer2epub I have my own standard style sheet that I add into the epub file after it's done, copying over the one generated by writer2epub. I thought about modifying the CSS code within the macro itself, but felt that would make for too many problems.
Ken Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:59 AM   #7
Michael_ZZ
Michael_ZZ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Now, this is a great tip (a couple of days old, though )

I've added that to the German Wiki (Advanced section).
Michael_ZZ is offline   Reply With Quote