Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 07:18 AM   #2206
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
So, to summarize:

PS
Victor, there is "build.beta" task that builds Beta folder. (ant build.beta)
Kartu, i don't undestand you, what i don't know if the file prsp.js should be into PRSPlus folder after the prsplus is installed on the reader (2.0.12)

thanks
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:29 AM   #2207
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Hi Kartu, glad to have you around again!

I may add some minor problems
  1. page-separator: after restart 1of1 is shown, will change to the desired type after the first pageflip
  2. x50 installer: after the first shutdown standard-UI shows up, you have to restart again to bring PRS+ up again (maybe a problem with runonce.sh ?)
  3. some translation related remarks by VICTORSJG
  4. Maybe a container.node.update() related observation at the PRS-505:
    After a restart and flipping thru multipage menus, pressing of PREVIOUS leads to a restart.
    E.g. Restart go to settings prs+settings keybindings anykey flipp to page 2 or 3 and then PREV. --> restart
    If I first fip thru books per title, forward and backward and try the above again, everything is fine.
  5. Is it possible, that SD-Card isn't mounted during 650-startup? So that 650 beta had to be placed in IM?)
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:36 AM   #2208
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
VICTORSJG
No, it shouldn't be there.

Mark
4) Does it happen with "standard" 2.0.12b or only after "Music" etc fix?
5) Right, 650 checks IM for Beta folder
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:36 AM   #2209
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORSJG View Post
Kartu, i don't undestand you, what i don't know if the file prsp.js should be into PRSPlus folder after the prsplus is installed on the reader (2.0.12)

thanks
No, prsp.js isn't necessary in /Data/database/system/PRSPlus/

Following path is used for the 505
Code:
                        <!-- PRS+ stuff -->
                        <variable name="prspModel" value="505" />
                        <variable name="prspPath" value="/opt/sony/ebook/application/resources/prsp/" />
                        <variable name="prspVersionFile" value="[prspPath]prspfw.ver" />
                        <variable name="prspCoreFile" value="[prspPath]core.js" />
                        <variable name="prspAddonsFile" value="[prspPath]addons.js" />
                        <variable name="prspStartupFile" value="[prspPath]prsp.js"/>
Old 06-14-2011, 07:48 AM   #2210
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

Quote:
4) Does it happen with "standard" 2.0.12b or only after "Music" etc fix?
I "think" it also happend with the standard-build, but not absolutely sure
Old 06-15-2011, 11:55 AM   #2211
nullgraph
nullgraph began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
Hello, I used PRS+ and successfully flashed my PRS505. I opened a Vietnamese epub, but only some of the characters are displayed. After some digging, I realized that PRS+ only support Latin 1, but to read full Vietnamese, I need "Basic Latin, Latin-1 Supplement, Latin Extended-A, Latin Extended-B, and Latin Extended Additional segments" (from Wikipedia).

I followed the wiki on How To Custom Fonts, creating my own font per the *VERY* detailed guide (I've had some practice with this from trying to use PRSCustomizer before). Then I put the fonts in the "fonts" folder and finally load the script to mount the fonts. I also changed my PRS+ Settings to FontsAsInLRF. After opening my epub, some more of the characters are displayed, but still not all!

At this point, I think I have a font problem but can't think of anything else to do. The strangest thing is that after I followed the wiki, I get some more characters!

I'm still very impressed with PRS+ though. Is there a donate button somewhere?
nullgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #2212
nullgraph

Addendum: I have since tried another route by following the comment by walt.ant...@gmail.com from the Install Guide. I copied my fonts into the "fonts" folder, created a style.css and put it in /database/system/PRSPlus/epub/. However, the style.css doesn't show up in the User EPUB Style section of PRS+ Settings, where I can see the FontsAsInLRF.css. I'm not sure if this is the correct procedure for adding my own css, or if it's possible to change font this way. Please advise?
Old 06-15-2011, 12:35 PM   #2213
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgraph View Post
Addendum: I have since tried another route by following the comment by walt.ant...@gmail.com from the Install Guide. I copied my fonts into the "fonts" folder, created a style.css and put it in /database/system/PRSPlus/epub/. However, the style.css doesn't show up in the User EPUB Style section of PRS+ Settings, where I can see the FontsAsInLRF.css. I'm not sure if this is the correct procedure for adding my own css, or if it's possible to change font this way. Please advise?
Do not use the filename style.css, this is a PRS+ internal file. Call it Vietnamese.css and try again.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:51 PM   #2214
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I followed the wiki on How To Custom Fonts, creating my own font per the *VERY* detailed guide (I've had some practice with this from trying to use PRSCustomizer before). Then I put the fonts in the "fonts" folder and finally load the script to mount the fonts. I also changed my PRS+ Settings to FontsAsInLRF. After opening my epub, some more of the characters are displayed, but still not all!
Re check whether the font actually contains all needed characters.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #2215
nullgraph

Thanks for the quick reply, both jackie_w and kartu.

kartu, I checked the font files with FontCreator after creating my fonts, and all the glyphs I need are there.

jackie_w, I did as you suggested, the Vietnamese.css file showed up and I was able to choose it. However, characters are still missing, even more so than after following the FontsAsInLRF hack.

Btw, all of the fonts that I'm using for both hacks are just renaming (as per the *VERY* detailed guide) of Arial font from Windows. I've used this font to type Vietnamese in OpenOffice before and also used it to view epub with Calibre before.

Also, I've tried a different epub without further success. Both of these work fine in Calibre.

As an example, with the Vietnamese.css file, I see verbatim:

Mô?t tha?ng sau, tôi ???t chân lên bê?n ca?ng

With the FontsAsInLRF hack, I see:

Mô?t tha?ng sau, tôi đă?t chân lên bê?n ca?ng

With Calibre, I see:

Một tháng sau, tôi đặt chân lên bến cảng
Old 06-15-2011, 01:49 PM   #2216
kartu
PRS+ author

nullgraph
The thing is, you cant "partially" mount fonts.

Quote:
As an example, with the Vietnamese.css file, I see verbatim:

Mô?t tha?ng sau, tôi ???t chân lên bê?n ca?ng

With the FontsAsInLRF hack, I see:

Mô?t tha?ng sau, tôi đă?t chân lên bê?n ca?ng
Post your Vietnamese.css. By the way this means you didn't replace LRF fonts with correct ones.

PS
Also have in mind, that custom EPUB style doesn't affect book that is already open, only the next one.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #2217
nullgraph

Quote:
nullgraph
The thing is, you cant "partially" mount fonts.
Very good point. It must mean that either I'm mounting the wrong font or that the mounting is not working.

Attached is my Vietnamese.css together with the fonts I'm using. So far, when I switch between two hacks, I've cleaned everything up and then re-copy the files needed for each hack, but now that I think about it, I probably don't need to?
Attached Files
File Type: zip nullgraph fonts.zip (1.00 MB, 194 views)
Old 06-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #2218
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@nullgraph,

I think it must be your Arial font files which are the problem. I just created an epub using your Vietnamese text above and displayed it on my PRS650 using my own customised serif font, Charis SIL (which is free). I've attached a screencap.

If you would be happy to use serif, rather than sans-serif, I could attach a Charis.css file which you could use with PRS+

P.S. As far as I know the mounting/binding has nothing to do with epubs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	viet.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	72816  

Last edited by jackie_w; 06-15-2011 at 02:48 PM. Reason: P.S.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:57 PM   #2219
nullgraph

jackie_w,

I would be quite happy to use any font at this point. Could you post your Charis.css file? I would also appreciate it if you could post your fonts and/or send me a link of where to get them. Thanks a lot!
Old 06-15-2011, 03:20 PM   #2220
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
jackie_w,

I would be quite happy to use any font at this point. Could you post your Charis.css file? I would also appreciate it if you could post your fonts and/or send me a link of where to get them. Thanks a lot!
Here's the Charis.css file (rename it from .txt before using) and this is a link to the Charis fonts

Good luck Let us know if it works for your EPUBs.

Note: I haven't tried using Charis SIL to customise my LRF/TXT/RTF fonts (the mount/bind stuff). The font files are quite large and I wasn't sure whether this might cause a problem so I chose the much smaller Georgia fonts for this purpose.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Charis.css.txt (507 Bytes, 282 views)