Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-05-2022, 04:03 PM   #1
nille
nille began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2021
swedish epub shows strange letters instead of ňń÷

I have exported an epub to kIndle, but the Swedish letters ňń÷ are replaced by strange symbols and letters. I have previously imported Swedish epub files to Kindle without any problems.

How can i solve this?
nille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 07:13 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I suspect the book has an improperly declared character encoding or the font called out does not support those characters.
Make sure the font settings are similar to those used in a book the works
(This assumes you know and can edit the code)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2022, 07:28 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nille View Post
I have exported an epub to kIndle, but the Swedish letters ňń÷ are replaced by strange symbols and letters. I have previously imported Swedish epub files to Kindle without any problems.

How can i solve this?
One suggestion is to use the Modify ePub plugin to make sure the ePub is UTF-8 and then try the conversion again see what happens.

If that fails, you can try a different font that may work if the font is the issue. Download the no weight hinted version. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=184056

And finally, if neither of those solutions work, try converting to KF8 or KFX depending on which you converted to before. If you did KF8 before, you will need the KFX plugins and the Amazon software to do the conversion.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 02:37 AM   #4
nille

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I suspect the book has an improperly declared character encoding or the font called out does not support those characters.
Make sure the font settings are similar to those used in a book the works
(This assumes you know and can edit the code)
I donĺt know how to edit the code. How do I check and change the font settings?
Old 08-06-2022, 03:38 AM   #5
nille

Thanks a lot The modify epub plug sorted out the problem.
Advert
Old 08-06-2022, 06:04 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nille View Post
Thanks a lot The modify epub plug sorted out the problem.
Your welcome.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote