Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 07:10 AM   #1
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Refresh size column

Is there any way to refresh the size column or of individual item.
After editing several books the size is no longer accurate.

The way I'm updating at moment is to export the files to a temp directory, removing them from the edit metadata window, (leaving the entry intact)
Then re-open then the edit metadata window and re-add the individual items from the exported files.

But this is quite a lengthy process and can only be done book by book.
It would be nice to update several items at once.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
Is there any way to refresh the size column or of individual item.
After editing several books the size is no longer accurate.

The way I'm updating at moment is to export the files to a temp directory, removing them from the edit metadata window, (leaving the entry intact)
Then re-open then the edit metadata window and re-add the individual items from the exported files.

But this is quite a lengthy process and can only be done book by book.
It would be nice to update several items at once.
[Have not tried it. But..]

Just do a drag and drop add. The (merge) duplicate detector should work and file them correctly (with a warning)

I now Use Sigil to edit the file CONTENTS (Don't touch the name) in situ. Type "O" when a title is selected, right click "Open with" (Hint: Abort (cancel-no save/discard) your edit if you mess up)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 10:47 AM   #3
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

@theducks
That's how I'm editing them at moment, but after editing, the filesize is way wrong, sometimes by megs.
(I'm editing a library I use just for my reader, which I'm removing unnecessary images etc.
and size drops drastically)

I've tried the merge to see, but size still reports original size.

Edit: I've just tried adding the same epub file (already in the library), size then reports 0 and epub is then empty. OOPS.

still only way to update size, is after edit, drag file to temp dir, add re-add from that temp dir.

Last edited by Perkin; 09-10-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:00 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The size column displays the size of the largest of the formats for a book. If you want to see individual sizes for each format use the dit metadata dialog.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:29 AM   #5
Perkin
Guru

Kovid, In this library, I've only got epub files, as they are easiest for me to edit and they display well on my reader. It's only after editing that the sizes are then inaccurate (which they would be, as calibre doesn't know they've changed). In this library, I remove most of the images from the books, and then edit/tidy up the book.

I can update the size by copying the edited file to a temp directory, and then using the edit-metadata windo, add a book, and add this edited version from the temp directory.
the size is then update and accurate.

All I would like, is either to double click the size entry in the main window (as though you were about to edit it) and have calibre re-check and update the size.
Or right-click the size column, and update all the selected, or the whole column.
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Ah, now I see. Open a ticket requesting the feature and I'll get to it when I can.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote