Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #1
willdewees
willdewees began at the beginning.

Device: none
Publisher and publishing

1 or more questions
a. Can I convert a Microsoft Office Publisher document to an ereader format?
b. If yes to a., then can I publish and sell that ereader formatted document?
c. If yes to b., how?
d. If you answer, how do I find the response?
willdewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:06 PM   #2
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
There are places on the web that offer conversion from .pub to other formats, such as .doc, .html, .rtf, and others. You can then convert any of those to an ebook format. I don't know of, nor could I find, any programs that convert directly from .pub to .epub or .mobi, but you may have more success than I if you look around.

Zamzar is one site I found that offers conversion from .pub to other formats. The mention of this site isn't meant to be construed as a recommendation, as all I know about it is I found it a few minutes ago via a search engine, but you may want to check it out.

I've never worked with MS Publisher. Does it offer the option to "save as" anything other than .pub? If it's able to save documents as .html or .rtf, for example, you could convert it to ebook form with Calibre. (And Calibre I do recommend!)
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #3
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I've never worked with MS Publisher. Does it offer the option to "save as" anything other than .pub? If it's able to save documents as .html or .rtf, for example, you could convert it to ebook form with Calibre. (And Calibre I do recommend!)
I can't speak regarding older versions as I've not used them, but Publisher 2010 allows documents to be saved in a multitude of formats ranging from rtf to pdf to html (both filtered and normal, just like Word) to images such as jpg and tiff. That's just from memory - there's something like 20 different "save as" options.

That said, I've never saved in anything other than pub and pdf so I don't know how well the html turns out.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:18 PM   #4
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Thanks, C. Then the free Calibre download would be all willdewees needs to convert from Publisher to an ebook format.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:21 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Thanks, C. Then the free Calibre download would be all willdewees needs to convert from Publisher to an ebook format.
And given that it is a Microsoft Product, Sigil would also be needed to clean up the ePub and once that is done, converting to other formats should be a breeze with Calibre.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
microsoft publisher, publish from ereader