Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-16-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
Stacey34
Connoisseur
Stacey34 doesn't litterStacey34 doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505 (Red)
I should be getting a % of Sony's profits!

I went to Walmart this past Friday evening to try to find a PSP plug for my 505. So I go to the electronic dept. and ask about the charger. The young man I'm talking to wants to know which PSP I have. At that time I tell him what its actually for and I get the information that they don't have one.
So, as I am starting to walk away he says can I ask you some questions about your reader. He is an avid reader and has been thinking about getting one for awhile. I had left mine in the car so my daughter offered to run out and bring it in so he could check it out. He loved it and I wouldn't be surprised if the next time I go in he doesn't tell me that he bought one.
So now I am wondering if I should contact Sony about getting a share of their profits for all the people that have purchased a reader after I showed them mine! Lol
Stacey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Me too! I've probably gotten a dozen people to buy one. Where's my cut?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
nathantw
Zealot
nathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litter

Device: 505
I think I've helped sell at least 2 or 3 of them myself. I even convinced one gentleman in a Sony store, of all places, why it was a good choice.
nathantw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:42 PM   #4
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I think the people that show up on this site are some of the best "viral" marketers this industry has. I know I've sold a number of different devices over the past year or two, from flight attendants to people coming up to me in a restaurant.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:02 PM   #5
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
I can particularly see how flight attendants and pilots would find a device like an eReader really attractive. No need to carry a book with them and they can carry a wide selection and read whatever they fancy at the moment.
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2009, 08:28 PM   #6
mollybo
Connoisseur
mollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with others

Device: Rocket eBook, Gemstar, and Kindle 3
I think I convinced the entire office staff of my husband's oral surgeon to get one. I told my husband afterwards, but he was so groggy from the twilight sleep he doesn't remember a thing.
mollybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:08 AM   #7
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
My conscience is burdened by 3 poor souls only, who succumbed to my Sony Reader bullying.

P.S. 4. 3 in real life and 1 guy from Canada I met on Malazan forum.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:48 PM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
My wife and I were in the British Virgin Islands back in January and I noticed a guy about three beach chairs away reading a paperback. I asked him how he liked that particular author. He said he did and loved being on vacation as he was reading a book a day.

Then, about an hour later, he wandered over and handed me the book. "All done", he said, "it's all yours now".

In gratitude, I went and got my Sony and demonstrated it to him. "Oh man", he said "that combines the two things I love most; books and electronic toys. I am getting one the minute I get home!"
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:28 AM   #9
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
For all the free salesmanship I've done for Sony they should give me shares...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey34 View Post
I went to Walmart this past Friday evening to try to find a PSP plug for my 505. So I go to the electronic dept. and ask about the charger. The young man I'm talking to wants to know which PSP I have. At that time I tell him what its actually for and I get the information that they don't have one.
So, as I am starting to walk away he says can I ask you some questions about your reader. He is an avid reader and has been thinking about getting one for awhile. I had left mine in the car so my daughter offered to run out and bring it in so he could check it out. He loved it and I wouldn't be surprised if the next time I go in he doesn't tell me that he bought one.
So now I am wondering if I should contact Sony about getting a share of their profits for all the people that have purchased a reader after I showed them mine! Lol
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:39 AM   #10
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
What's funny is back when I first got mine (a year ago), no one asked what it was or if I liked it but now everywhere I go people ask about it.

Last edited by just_jeepin; 02-23-2010 at 10:40 AM. Reason: typo
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:03 PM   #11
Robert Minneman
Connoisseur
Robert Minneman might easily be mistaken for a TexanRobert Minneman might easily be mistaken for a TexanRobert Minneman might easily be mistaken for a TexanRobert Minneman might easily be mistaken for a TexanRobert Minneman might easily be mistaken for a TexanRobert Minneman might easily be mistaken for a TexanRobert Minneman might easily be mistaken for a TexanRobert Minneman might easily be mistaken for a TexanRobert Minneman might easily be mistaken for a TexanRobert Minneman might easily be mistaken for a TexanRobert Minneman might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Sony PRS-505
BTW: In case you haven't found a charger yet, go to a local used video game store (GameStop seems to be a chain that's common around the USA), and you can probably pick up a used charger for any model PSP-1000 up to and including the PSP-3000 (not sure about the newest PSP).

I've seen used chargers being sold for as little as 5 dollars.
Robert Minneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #12
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I've gotten ten or so people that I actually know of to buy one (Sony specifically). I can't count how many people who've asked me about it.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:16 AM   #13
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
I recommended the 505 to a lot of people who are now complaining for the lack of full justification in ePubs. Sony could at least release a firmware update for this issue.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote