Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-02-2008, 08:47 AM   #1
bitto
bitto began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
How can I read a traditional Chinese PDF in Latin version

I can read Simplified Chinese,while Traditional Chinese doesn't work, can somebody help me? Thanks.
bitto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:39 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
The fonts need to be embedded into the PDF file.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2008, 10:40 AM   #3
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
I am a Traditional Chinese reader. I bought my iLiad v2 in USA. It should be a Latin version the same with yours.I made my PDF on my WINXP PC and everything goes on well.
To make readable TC PDF, you must have a Traditional Chinese compatible word processing environment. Such as TC font....
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:34 AM   #4
bitto
bitto began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
to Eric

Hi, Eric. My pdf document download from web, not made by myself. Could you explain more detail.Thanks
bitto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:10 AM   #5
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
If the pdf you downloaded doesn't have Chinese font embedded, iLiad can't display it correctly. You have to re-create one from the original text source.
I don't know if there are ways to embed font to a pdf which is not font-embedded originally.
If you want to know more about how to create a pdf with Chinese font embedded, by my experience, you have to have an PC with Windows XP and Word and Chinese font installed. Then everything should be going well. Sadly, my knowledge is limited to my own experience.

Last edited by ericshliao; 01-21-2008 at 04:15 AM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2008, 04:39 AM   #6
Lazycat
Enthusiast
Lazycat began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd Edition
I guess you may open the downloaded PDF with Adobe Reader, and then print it again using a pdf creator with fonts embedded.

You may try the Doro PDF Writer. It's free.
Lazycat is offline   Reply With Quote