Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-05-2008, 01:00 PM   #1306
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
2005: People Who Don't Know They're Dead: How They Attach Themselves to Unsuspecting Bystanders and What to Do About It (Gary Leon Hill - Red Wheel/Weiser Books)

The above title boggles my imagination!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:07 PM   #1307
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
That's a great list of books, neko. I remember seeing How To Poop In The Woods (I'm paraphrasing the title) - a very useful and humorous description of what's required to avoid bacterial contamination of water in the wild. Imagine how it was when I described these as requirements to my wife. Oh, and the last chapter's great: no toilet paper? just eat like a horse.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HowToPoopInTheForest.gif
Views:	312
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	16116  
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:24 PM   #1308
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
So, now we need an avatar of a bear s#!++!^& in the woods?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:17 PM   #1309
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
yeah, i'm not wearing any caca avatars. sheesh. what is it with boys and their poo ??
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:05 AM   #1310
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
yeah, i'm not wearing any caca avatars. sheesh. what is it with boys and their poo ??
Name:  bsiw1.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  3.0 KB

Name:  bsiw2.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  4.0 KB

Name:  bsiw3.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  3.0 KB
These were the best I could do on short notice.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:10 AM   #1311
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
So you don't want an avatar by Chris Ofili, the Turner Prize winner, who uses elephant dung in some of his work?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/226000.stm
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:55 AM   #1312
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hmmm.... turner prize or no turner prize, i have a very strict "no dung (of any origin)" policy for my avatars. sorry. thanks for the thought though.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:52 AM   #1313
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

An avatar wish by Edwin Austin Abbey for our ZP: a restful day at Parc Montsouris.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zelda Pinwheel in Parc Montsouris by Edwin Austin Abbey.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	16324  
Old 09-17-2008, 10:56 AM   #1314
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
An avatar wish by Edwin Austin Abbey for our ZP: a restful day at Parc Montsouris.
I like the way you disguised the bear $#!++ing in the woods behind her!
Old 09-17-2008, 11:05 AM   #1315
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I like the way you disguised the bear $#!++ing in the woods behind her!
Damn. You've a keen eye, pshwynk.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:52 AM   #1316
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
aw, thanks vr !! that's exactly what i need right about now, too. much appreciated.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:48 AM   #1317
pshrynk

I'm just going to point out to Mr Wood that this thread has 1317 posts, now.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:51 AM   #1318
zelda_pinwheel

hey ! add 20 and it will be the 1337est thread on this forum.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:52 AM   #1319
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
hmmm.... turner prize or no turner prize, i have a very strict "no dung (of any origin)" policy for my avatars. sorry. thanks for the thought though.
Whats brown and sounds like a bell?
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:29 AM   #1320
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Whats brown and sounds like a bell?
I give up, what's brown and sounds like a bell?

Say, what happended to AVATARS for ZELDA_PINWHEEL! Are there no more elegant pectoral....er, pictorial depictions for our Queen? What if Zelda runs out and has to start using the discarded remains of avatars past (the dreaded DRAP)?? What if this thread ends with this, a final post in a desperate plea for help? What if this is my last cup of coffee for the morning and the caffeine buzz starts to wear off? How could you - yes, I'm talking to YOU! - let this all happen? Oh, the humanity of it all!

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda