Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #466
flashmozzg
Enthusiast
flashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashmozzg View Post
It doesn't work for me. then i launch fastboot it says: waiting for device.
Oh, thats good! I had issue then my kindle didn't detect new books, and after hard reset wifi stopped working so i figured out that this would be the only solution. I'm now trying to connect to kindle via ssh, but it doesn't work for some reason(host not exist), so i'll try NUZX again.
Cant connect. I've got linux usb ethernet/rndis gadget and new local connection, but can't connect to 192.168.15.244 (

Last edited by flashmozzg; 07-25-2012 at 04:04 PM.
flashmozzg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #467
flashmozzg
Enthusiast
flashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheese

Well.... I ended up with "Boy ander the tree" picture. (had no problem exiting diags, but now my kindle is really breaked lol)
Old 07-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #468
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Follow the noobie's guide listed in the top post of this thread.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #469
flashmozzg
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Follow the noobie's guide listed in the top post of this thread.
Well, okay XD Already used one, maybe 2nd time i'll be luckier.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #470
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
The pastebin now contains URLs for 5.1.2 forensic images: main kernel, main partition, and main partition with some good stuff pre-installed.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #471
flashmozzg
Enthusiast

Thanks! Restored to 5.0.0! Everything working. Now just install all that patches and jailbreaks again... And copy over 6000 books....
Old 07-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #472
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashmozzg View Post
Thanks! Restored to 5.0.0! Everything working. Now just install all that patches and jailbreaks again... And copy over 6000 books....
I added your success report to the list.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #473
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Add mine as well. Just finished a non-flash-rootfs debrick using ssh-diags. Add it to the list as well.

P.S It was the kernel
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #474
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
Add mine as well. Just finished a non-flash-rootfs debrick using ssh-diags. Add it to the list as well.

P.S It was the kernel
Added. There are multiple posts that I did NOT add, where people did a "debrick" to revert to old firmware. I did add cases where somebody really DID brick their kindle while TRYING to revert it (with wrong images, or dead battery, or other user error).

Some of the developers have had to debrick their kindles multiple times, as a "normal" step of the development process.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #475
kubi
kubi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Thanks to all. Successfuly debricked my kindle touch

Hello. Thanks a lot to Geekmaster, Thomass, Knc1 and other who helped to find the way and also to Silver18 for the easy to follow manual for "noobs". I read a lot of posts but without this manual i couldnt make it because i don't undersant english and this stuff much. I tried to install Duokan to my kindle touch and probably used wrong data.tar.gz file (i could not find any package with all needed files, every time there is st missing even in package from home website of duocan, so i combined it by miself and got to constant reseting state. And finally with your help i manage to make it working again. Thanks a lot....
kubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #476
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubi View Post
Hello. Thanks a lot to Geekmaster, Thomass, Knc1 and other who helped to find the way and also to Silver18 for the easy to follow manual for "noobs". I read a lot of posts but without this manual i couldnt make it because i don't undersant english and this stuff much. I tried to install Duokan to my kindle touch and probably used wrong data.tar.gz file (i could not find any package with all needed files, every time there is st missing even in package from home website of duocan, so i combined it by miself and got to constant reseting state. And finally with your help i manage to make it working again. Thanks a lot....
I added your success report to "the list".
Old 07-27-2012, 01:42 AM   #477
geekmaster

This thread has a new title, now that the K3 has a simple USB debricking guide for "noobs", and there have been numerous "K3 USB Debricking" success reports.

Now if we can just figure out the "magic key" for the DX and DXG (and what software tools to use for debricking them)...

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-27-2012 at 02:25 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:28 AM   #478
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
In the first post, should my second debrick be labeled as K3?
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #479
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
In the first post, should my second debrick be labelled as K3?
Because K3 success reports are new and relatively rare compared to K4/K5 reports, I am adding a K3 label to make them easier to find in the success report list.

Both of your debricking reports were posted to a thread about K3 debricking tools, but neither of them actually stated the model of your kindle so I had to rely on the thread title to determine that.

I added "K3" to your second report. Thanks.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-27-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #480
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Now if we can just figure out the "magic key" for the DX and DXG (and what software tools to use for debricking them)...
The Freescale i.MX31 architecture should be usable with ATK, too. Also, ATK provides RAM kernels mx31_mmc.bin as well as mx31_sd.bin (I suspect the latter might be the right one, but it's left to someone with such a device to try out and read data). I guess they use the mDDR RAM interface, too.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debricking