Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 04:01 AM   #136
HHH
HHH began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge 10
NEW-2.2 is important

This whole thread should be made sticky !
HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:42 AM   #137
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
I am matching this as well for whoever gets a functional rom
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:00 AM   #138
HHH
HHH began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge 10
While viewing content of NEW-22, I noticed a hick-up in system1.zip.

When you unpack that, it wants to over-write: \system\esi\etc\pixmaps\reader\help.png, 1418 bytes, with another copy which is 1030 bytes.

Just a png, so whatever. but looks weird.
HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #139
DroidEDI
DroidEDI began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
Justf wondering if somebody knew how I coukld acfivate my google account on m EE. I tried the 110 post to no luck and even the phone.apk delete to no luck.

Only thing I haven't tried is a factory derfault then upgrade to the new 2.2.

Any thoughts before I do that?

Thanks
DroidEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #140
skaboytd
skaboytd began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital, enTourage Pocket eDGe
The Youtube fix will get your Google account working. Side load the Youtube app. then hit the menu button in the Youtube app and press "My Channel" and log into your Gmail account.
skaboytd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #141
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHH View Post
The dreaded WSOD does not happen anymore?
the WSOD can't be fixed by a software update, it has nothing to do with software and is in fact a hardware problem with the ribbon cable having to move through the hinge.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #142
DroidEDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaboytd View Post
The Youtube fix will get your Google account working. Side load the Youtube app. then hit the menu button in the Youtube app and press "My Channel" and log into your Gmail account.
How do I "Side load the Youtube app"? I have youtube installed via the rom I loaded. Just use that one, or is this something different?

Thanks for the help!
Old 07-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #143
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

download youtube app search for youtube apk. also google talk does the same thing. a new market 3+ app is available. seems to work fine on mine., hopefully we will get some integration here.
http://www.multiupload.com/MWQUR927JH
Old 07-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #144
vicinc
Guru

have you tried this on virgin unmodified ermine?
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/07...ies-books-now/
if it working it is pretty cool.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:25 PM   #145
DroidEDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
download youtube app search for youtube apk. also google talk does the same thing. a new market 3+ app is available. seems to work fine on mine., hopefully we will get some integration here.
http://www.multiupload.com/MWQUR927JH

So I activated via the YouTube apparently and gmail works just fine now. However after updating the market to version 3 it doesn't seem to work.

Also on device startup I have a runtine error with the Google docs program. Going to see if there's an update for it. The docs not working isn't a deal breake for me as the docs to go does it better.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:53 PM   #146
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
have you tried this on virgin unmodified ermine?
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/07...ies-books-now/
if it working it is pretty cool.
Installs, but immediately closes when try to open.
I tried rooted and unrooted. I think you need Google framework and Market first to upgrade to this.
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:15 AM   #147
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
Good to see some progress from everybody on getting a custom ROM on this device.

1. I think vicinc's suggestion to look at other Marvell devices is pretty smart. Maybe you could contact the developers of the ROM for the Blue Thunder?

2. Let's not reinvent the wheel. If you look back at the xda thread from the last set of wooters, you'll see that people tried for hours to get the market working, and the only solution they developed is using another Android device. The first step is to look through what everybody has already tried and then experiment with different approaches. You'll find plenty of threads on the gapps. Personally, I'm curious why the market works when you install the backups from another phone but somehow always runs into problems with the traditional methods. I've always felt that this problem is fixable, but I don't have enough of an incentive now that the market works on my device.

3. I'm still a little confused about this ROM. I've been following the thread with great interest, but I'm not sure what's going on here. Many ROM developers are careful about providing information about what you get from the update, including screen shots, list of features, and other things. I updated to Bumblebee on my Optimus V largely because of the developer's excellent documentation. I realize that this is still in the beginning stages, but I have numerous questions: What are we getting here? What's different with this update than Ermine? What are you using as the base for your code (i.e., is this using cyanogen or aosp as a base)? I think before we "sticky" a ROM developer thread, we'll need to make sure that it's more accessible to newcomers and average folk, who are ultimately the people who will be testing (and adopting) any of these custom ROMs.

I hope this doesn't sound snippy - but I'm an English professor, so poor communication drives me nuts. I'm really excited, though, to see interest in getting some custom ROM development going on the device. I'd really like to see one with gapps "baked in" so everyone can get access to the Market.

Last edited by kennyminot; 07-14-2011 at 09:27 AM.
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #148
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyminot View Post
3. I'm still a little confused about this ROM. I've been following the thread with great interest, but I'm not sure what's going on here. Many ROM developers are careful about providing information about what you get from the update, including screen shots, list of features, and other things. I updated to Bumblebee on my Optimus V largely because of the developer's excellent documentation. I realize that this is still in the beginning stages, but I have numerous questions: What are we getting here? What's different with this update than Ermine? What are you using as the base for your code (i.e., is this using cyanogen or aosp as a base)? I think before we "sticky" a ROM developer thread, we'll need to make sure that it's more accessible to newcomers and average folk, who are ultimately the people who will be testing (and adopting) any of these custom ROMs.
As of this point this isn't really a "ROM", all it does is install some apps that you can install without needing the update and then use TB to make system apps, we had already tried this in the xda thread, it didn't work then and it doesn't seem to be doing anything different now... As I've said before, an actual full /custom/ ROM will likely not be possible unless entourage releases the source code.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:55 AM   #149
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
Thanks for clarifying! So basically this is update that is being used to install apps? That's not the impression that I got from reading the initial entries.

kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:07 AM   #150
bigdogbts
bigdogbts began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
So I experienced some weirdness with my PE last night into this morning, and now things seem to be stuck. I got an "upgrade notification" after powering on last night, and even thought I thought it was weird, I went ahead and let it process. The "upgrade" took me back to 1.6. So this morning, I reinstalled the updated version of the ermine beta that is included in this thread. Now, when I power on, I get a screen that says "welcome to edgejr", and to touch the android to continue. No matter how many times I touch that android, the tablet won't advance. Weird huh? Thoughts?
bigdogbts is offline   Reply With Quote